Sorting items on a shopping list + adding notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorting items on a shopping list + adding notes

I've had a number of customers ask if it is possible to sort the order of items in their on-line shopping list to make it easier for them to manage large lists. They would also like to be able to add notes to entries in their list, such as: toner for Colins printer.

Does anybody know if this can be done

Our site is currently running on V6 and we are in the process of upgrading to V7

Hi

I am afraid this is not possible using Actinic at the moment.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Sorting Solution Possibly

Originally posted by MEost
      I've had a number of customers ask if it is possible to sort the order of items in their on-line shopping list to make it easier for them to manage large lists. They would also like to be able to add notes to entries in their list, such as: toner for Colins printer.

Does anybody know if this can be done

Our site is currently running on V6 and we are in the process of upgrading to V7
      Hi,
      I just wanted to add my pennies worth on this matter. I too have the same issue and I am just on the trial version for Catalog v7.0, first of I must say this is the best product I have seen in a long time. The thought came to me after I read your message and then played around with the import routine to see if I could get my client's 3000 + items imported. You could use the hierarchical import to do what you and I need I think. If you export your data to the hierarchical export, open it in MS Excel, and sort the section that you want sorted and how you want it sorted. Backup your site in Actinic, then delete all the items, sections, etc that you want sorted, after that you could then import the recently sorted Excell file back into Actinic. I tried this with 12 sections that I have defined for NewsLetters by month, (Jan-Feb), and it worked fine. I would therefore have to assume that if it worked for 12 it should work for any number of records. Just be sure that you only select the section that you want sorted in excell so that you do not disturb the sorting of the other rows. I did this by creating a new worksheet with the book, cutting and pasting the sections, to the new worksheet, resorted the new worksheet, then linked the cells back to the original section of the first worksheeet. Saving the worksheet as a CSV will remove the formula for the links and just leave the value.

Hope this helps
      Eagle
      Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Comment

Working...
      X