Components Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components Problem

I've been getting very frustrated trying to do this and I'm sure I've read somewhere how to do this but can't find it having read the archieves.

Where a product has a number of components - we need each component to have it's own product reference. I know we need to create hidden products and associate these to the components to get the reference number, but when an order is placed it comes through as 2 lines eg:
    ZIPPYPETBED 1
    ZIPPYPETBEDMEDIUM 1

What we need is for just the 2nd line to come through both in the shopping cart and on the invoice so that when we link to Sage we don't get 2 products.

Is this possible and if so can anyone explain to me how to do this?

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

You need to use the flags against the main product to say 'No Order Line for Main Product' and set the flag called 'Separate orderline for component' and then you should just get details from the hidden product appearing on the invoice and going through to link.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan - the problem was that "No Order Line for Main Product' doesn't show when you select Product Price which I was using as it was only a colour choice with no difference in price - but if I switch to Sum of Component Prices - then "No Order Line for Main Product" shows.

Thanks again

Kathy
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Next Problem

What I now get in the check out is:

Please Select Size: Small (which is the attribute name and the choice)

What I was expecting was the short description for the hidden product

and the invoice I download still says:

ZIPPYPETBED 1
        ZIPPYPETBEDSMALL 1

Arrrggggg!

Kathy
        Kathy Newman

Comment

What I was expecting was the short description for the hidden product
          You need to select the box in the 'Name from Associated Product' column in the 'Permutations' grid.

This does not affect the invoice display (which will still show the product and the components). The associated product will have an equivelant record in Sage so it will decrease the stock levels within the Sage system. The main 'dummy' product record will still go into Sage but will not affect any stock levels as it has no equivalent stock record in Sage.

Comment

Thanks Chris - hadn't seen that box - it was off the screen in my display!

All works fine now.

Kathy
            Kathy Newman

Comment

Working...
            X