Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Truncation error

Hi.

I was merrily plodding along adding a fragment with a bit of text in it, when Actinic suddenly went a bit crazy. It said there was a truncation error and crashed.

When I now restart Actinic I get the following error message:
    --
    A Date Truncation error occurred while linking to the external database. This may occur if one or more field lengths in the external database exceed the maximum field length in the Actinic Database. Check the field lenghts in the external database.

Select meny ""Help | Help Topics"", and search the index ""Preparing for linking" to obtain more information.
    --

Can anybody explain what this means to be please. This is only my first Actinic site so seeing things like this scares me.

And it caused me to loose the products I had just added. Thanks Actinic!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben.

Hi there.

I am guessing you are using version 7.0.0 of Actinic. If so there was a bug that prevented you entering a Fragment in the store that has more than 255 characters.

I would recommend upgrading to 7.0.1

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi Darren

That is exactly what the problem was, it was quite a long piece of text in the fragment.

Where do I download version 7.01? I have seen that you can download a 30 day trial at www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm is this what I need to get?

Is it a seamless operation to get a new version and install it and the store being perfectly OK?

Thanks

Ben.

Comment

Is it a seamless operation to get a new version and install it and the store being perfectly OK?
        Yes - the only difference between 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 are little fixes in the application. There are no changes in the templates so it will not change your design at all.

If you go to http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm you can click on the 'Actinic v7.0.1' link to get Actinic. The first time you download you have to create a profile on the download server, but after that it will remember you.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I managed to find it this time and thanks again Darren.

I did panic big time when that error message came up. Thoughts of starting the store all over again came into my mind.

Phew!!!

Cheers

Ben.

Comment

Working...
          X