Showing stock levels in product description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing stock levels in product description

I am aware that I am able to show stock levels for each product - by placing the some code into the productline template. And I know what code it is !

My question is: for each of my products there is an associated drop-down option giving size / colour option - of which each have an associated stock level contained within a hidden product. I was therefore wondering if the display of my stock levels would include the a total for the overall stock levels for this product grouping?

Does that make sense?
    - GARRY

Hi Garry

A workaround for this would be to create hidden products with the same names as the choices and monitor the stock from here. In the Permutations tab of the Component Details window, you will need to select the hidden product from the drop-down list in the Product column. This will associate the choice with the hidden product.

Once an order has been placed for this choice, the stock will be updated automatically.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Re: stock levels

Firstly, thanks for assisting me with my enquiry;However, I believe I might not of explained myself that clearly. Basically what you have suggested I am doing for each product - what I am trying to do is include a total of the stock levels for each of the hidden products in the viewable live associated product.

Does that make sense? As I have a feelign this is not possible!!
      - GARRY

Comment

The only way that I can think of to do this would be to add a custom property to the main product and then set the value of this custom property in an external program using SQL to calculate the total stock items and to change the value of the customvar. You would then be able to include the value of customvar in product template.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X