Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search box as Outlook template

Hello everyone

simple task that seems to be throwing me, what i`m trying to do is add a search box to Outlook 2003 stationary see attached HTML.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    <table width="422" border=1 align="center" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 bordercolor="#4245B5">
    <form name=simplesearch action="https://www.rackingplus.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" METHOD="GET">
    <tr bgcolor="#4245B5">
    <td align=left valign=middle noWrap bgcolor="#4245B5" class="Normal"><div align="center" class="style1">Search Racking<em>plus</em>.com Our Online Store</div></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td height="52" align=left valign=middle noWrap class="Normal"><div align="center"><strong>Search For </strong>
    <input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="30" maxsize="125" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
    &nbsp;
    <input type="image" border="0" name="ACTION" src="https://www.rackingplus.com/acatalog/quicksearch.gif" alt="Go!">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PR" VALUE="-1">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="">
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thing is it all works well untill the dam thing is put in outlook then it all goes pear shape

I no this isnt exactly an actinic matter, but adding a search box to emails would prove good for all users

Hope someone can help

Napolean
    Head of ICT
    Warehouse Systems Limited
    www.warehouse-systems.co.uk
    www.rackingplus.com

Hi Martin,

I didn't know this was possible. How are you adding the quick search code? Are you following the wizard. What sort of problems are you getting?
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Hi Toby

I also didnt know it was possible but thought I would try, ok here`s how I set about it, first I took the code from Actinic to allow a search from outside the site,

<table width="422" border=1 align="center" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 bordercolor="#4245B5">
      <form name=simplesearch action="https://www.rackingplus.com/cgi-bin/ss000001.pl" METHOD="GET">
      <tr bgcolor="#4245B5">
      <td align=left valign=middle noWrap bgcolor="#4245B5" class="Normal"><div align="center" class="style1">Search Racking<em>plus</em>.com Our Online Store</div></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td height="52" align=left valign=middle noWrap class="Normal"><div align="center"><strong>Search For </strong>
      <input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="30" maxsize="125" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
      &nbsp;
      <input type="image" border="0" name="ACTION" src="https://www.rackingplus.com/acatalog/quicksearch.gif" alt="Go!">
      <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PR" VALUE="-1">
      <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">
      <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="">
      </div></td>
      </tr>
      </form>
      </table>

then simply placed it in Dreamweaver to make a HTM page of its own, tidied it up a little and what was left is the code posted above,Tested it as a standalone file. then saved it as a htm file, then to use this as stationary in Outlook select tools/options/mail format/stationary picker/new/use this file as a template, then browse for the file made in Dreamweaver.
      Normaly this works a treat, but for some reason Outlook kills this code, I do belive if this could be sorted this would benefit all Actinic users as they would be able to add a search box for there site to all there emails, hopefully generating more orders

Best wishes
      Martin
      Head of ICT
      www.rackingplus.com

Comment

You say "then it all goes pear shape". Can you give us more information about what's actually happening.

Comment

pear shaped

When its added to Outlook nothing works, no working buttons etc, as a standard html page it works fine, if you could send me an email address to ma@rackingplus.com I will send the attached stationary

Thank you BTW for all you help

Martin
          Head of ICT
          www.rackingplus.com

Comment

Hmm - TiggyPig sent me his outlook template and I can see that he has a

<form name="form1" method="post" action="">

just under the <body> tag and a

</form>

towards the end. This will break the quicksearch form that you have placed in your HTML as you cannot have a form within a form.

Could you check your HTML code and remove the <form> tags from the beginning and end of the outlook template?

Comment

Working...
            X