Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400 error on Unix Server

Hi

I have a client who is still running v4, and would like to add Actinic Shared SSL to his site.

To that end I am trying to set up a test site to get the integration sorted out. I have put a test folder on a UNIX server and tried to configure the Network settings, initially just the standard hosting details, not the SSL but am getting the following error on test:

Catalog received a server error from the web server. The CGI scripts are not executing properly on the server. Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration.
    then

The test script failed to execute on the web server. The error could be caused by several things. Check the path to the Perl shell, the CGI script extension, the path to CGI-BIN, and the CGI-BIN URL. This error could also occur if your web site is out of disk space or your web server is not configured to accept POSTs to CGI scripts.
    with the response initially along the lines of:

400 request header missing colon separator
    however since lunch! it now seems to be a 500 (not sure why it's changed):

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gippingvalley.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    I have seen a couple of threads relating to 400 errors with Windows 2003 hosting, but this is UNIX. I have had other Actinic sites version 3, 6 and 7 working fine on this server, and am using a unique Perl ID.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Hi Dan.

I have been checking for that error, and one of my colleagues solved the problem by going to Housekeeping | Compact databases. It seems a little odd, but it did solve the problem in this instance.

I hope this helps.
    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

Hi Darren

Thanks for the reply, but this didn't work for me

I am going to get a snapshot of the client's site and see if that cures my woes!

Failing that I'll try again to talk him into an upgrade.

Thanks again, Dan

for completeness the 400 error is back and here it is:

Bad Request
      Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
      Request header field is missing colon separator.

Pš 
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

This is just a random guess, but could you please ensure that the server you are uploading to allows ASCII uploads and does not force you to use BINARY - BINARY will corrupt your Perl files as they get uploaded.

Comment

Thanks Chris,

Yes, it seems to accept ASCII transfer, and I've had v6 test sites up there before. But I have found that another of our test servers works fine, both UNIX.

So my immediate problem has gone away, and I won't dig any deeper now as we don't have many clients on v4 anymore.

Cheers, Dan
          adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X