sub pages in brochure section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub pages in brochure section

If I add brochure pages I get a navigation item appear on the horizontal nav bar. under normal circumstances I can see this is a cool default .. however, wouldn't you just now it .. what I want to do is create a brochure page ('about us' actually ).. and within that page (which does have a navigation point in the top bar) I want to link to sub-pages .. so 'how to get to our showroom', 'our staff' etc., with a link from the subheading (fragment?) (and back again within the fragment perhaps) but not a navigational element appearing in the top bar ..

I tried hiding the sub page on the site .. and it does just that .. hide .. fair enough I thought .. but is there a workaround for this? I want the pages to continue to look the same, so I think I want to keep everything within the acatalog folder .. and naturally keeping it there allows folks to immediately navigate to the other far more interesting parts of the site (like the store!)

seems like a simple request .. can't see a solution .. any ideas?

D

a few folks have obviously read this thread .. so far no-one has suggested a solution .. can someone help?!!!

I really need a handful of deeper brochure pages without automatically inserting a main navigation element..

Comment

Hi,

This is probably not the answer you would like but the only way around this is to modify the primary template to the options that you need and then you can add pages to your hearts content without them appearing on your menu bar.

I have asked the same question some while ago and it is basically part of the design of Actinic. One suggestion for Chris is to put a checkbox on the page which inicates whether it should be shown in a menu or not, but I do not know if this will make a build.

Cheers
      Cheerio,
      Chris

Comment

seems crazy to not be able to add pages that are linked via in body [LINK] option (or something else) without it always creating a navigation item on the main nav.

I suppose one could use the Nortree stuff, but for this site there are such a limted number of deeper pages needed I didn't want to launch into using that until my second site !

little by little I thought .. ho hum ..

WISH LIST .. ACTINIC .. PLEASE make it so .. this is definitely a really useful thing that is needed (seen a couple of other threads relating to it .. so I'm clearly not alone wanting it)

Comment

Working...
        X