Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section alignment

Hi,
    I have section images with their titles underneath them and have the 1st column count as 3 and the 2nd column count as 3. However when you view them, if you have say 5 sections (not divisible by 3) you get the first 3 on the top row and then the fourth one on the next row lined up left and the fifth one which merges into the second and third column and so doesn't line up with the second section in the first row.

Is there a way to make them all line up central to the page and not merging?

Hi,

We get around this by creating "dummy" sections to make the total divisable by 3. The dummy section has a 1x1 pixel transparent gif as its image so that it doesn't show up but pads out the space so the sections align. You can see how we have used it in the mens shopping section of this site:

www.crombie.co.uk

It works for us but we'd also like to know if there is a more elegant solution...

Cheers

IMIS
    IMIS
    www.crombie.co.uk
    www.bonasana.com
    www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

Hi
      That might work when you have just images in the sections but I have titles under them too so I have to put a title in for the dummy section too. Hopefully there is a better way for these to line up without doing this. Like your site by the way!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment.

As you say, not a complete solution for your case but you could try creating a dummy section template and taking out the bit that displays the text?

Cheers

IMIS
        IMIS
        www.crombie.co.uk
        www.bonasana.com
        www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X