Putting a search on the home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a search on the home page

I've created my home page outside of Actinic and called it as the home page within Acintic.

I want to include a quick clean speed search on the home page. I have tried copying and pasting:-

NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBODY

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL">
    <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOP">
    NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHBODY
    </FORM>

But this isn't working. Can someone please tell me what code I can copy and paste in order for this to work?

Thanks

I've also tried pasting the following onto my home page from the Act_Simplesearch.html page:-

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0 align=center>
    <form name=simplesearch action="NETQUOTEVAR:SEARCHCGIURL" METHOD="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD">
    <tr>
    <td valign=middle noWrap align=left>
    <input type="TEXT" name="SS" size="15" maxsize="125" value="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHLABEL" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'">
    &nbsp; </td>
    <td valign=bottom noWrap align=left>
    <!-- <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:QUICKSEARCHBUTTONTEXT"> -->
    <input type="image" border="0" name="ACTION" src="quicksearch.gif">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="PR" VALUE="-1">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="TB" VALUE="A">
    <input TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:SHOPID">
    </td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>

This doesn't work when I preview it offline. Should it work once it's been uploaded, or am I still missing something?

Thanks

Comment

You need to copy some fully generated search code from a live working Actinic page into your non-Actinic page as the variables will not get substituted.

You also need to include the following hidden form field within the <form> tags of the simple search tool (customising it as necessary)

<input type="hidden" name="ACTINIC_REFERRER" value="http://your.URL/acatalog/"

Comment

Working...
      X