Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading and Doing Nothing (thats ME)

Hi All

I have rather big problem with uploading Actinic. When I upload the website it goes through happily until it gets to the 'sending files' section. If I try to do anything else while uploading Actinic stops responding and i have to restart the upload. I could understand if this was happening on an old AMD 450mHz with 64 mb ram and a 56K modem. But i'm running a 2.8ghz with 512 ram and a 1mb broadband connection (not shared).

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just destined to be making lots of cups of tea when I upload.

Cheers and sorry for the babble. Just changed the site so i've got to upload again.

Regards

Russell
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

What version of Actinic are your running? 6.1.5 ?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yes it is version 6.1.5
      Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
      When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

I know actinic changed the ftp upload for 6.1.5 but I haven't heard of anything similar to your problem.

I assume you have a router somewhere on the dsl connection. Have you tried enabling passive ftp in the network setup wizard?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for responding.

Yes we use a ADSL router and passive FTP is alerady ticked.

The main problem is that im updating the site and changing the layout alot so it matters quite alot.

Comment

Try selecting 'Use Enhanced FTP' in 'Advanced | Network Settings'. This is a more traditional FTP upload that has a higher rate of success with tricky uploads.

Comment

Thanks i'll try this...

Comment

Working...
              X