Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual sizes sold out

Hello

The eagle eyed of you will have spotted my previous post of a couple of minutes ago - this is a related issue but so as not to confuse things...

If have added a "size" attribute to my products - XXS, XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL. I would like to be able to mark individual sizes as being sold out (out of stock) which then precludes the user from ordering them.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Ed

Ed, If you've watched 'Little Britain' then the best way to answer your questions is

"Yeah, but no, but yeah, but no, but yeah..."

In short, yes it can be done

In reality this means that you would need to add a dummy product beneath your main one for EACH size that you want to include in the site (and I bet that's loads) and apply a stock level to each of these products which represent a size each.

Then go back to the master product, add in as many components as you have sizes and use the dialog 'Use Associated Product' and reference the relevant dummy product.

Finally set the pricing model on the master product to 'Sum of Components Prices'

This will use the stock level on the dummy products (sizes) rather than on the main master product

Cheers

Jos
    Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
    www.internetology.co.uk
    Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Urrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhh

Let me get this straight...

Say I have 3 products Top, Skirt & Coat and they are each available in 5 sizes I need to create 3 x 5 (=15) dummy products and follow the procedure you highlight below? Correct?

Can you explain what creating a "dummy product" entails - what sort of detail do I need to include - I guess the name is just the size of the product??

Will this create an HTML page for each dummy product?? If so and the size names are standard across a lot of the products, then there are a number of potential duplicates hanging around.

Cheers
      Ed

PS - I actually have around 50 products in 7 sizes - so I am not looking forward to doing this.

Comment

Ed

Say I have 3 products Top, Skirt & Coat and they are each available in 5 sizes I need to create 3 x 5 (=15) dummy products and follow the procedure you highlight below? Correct?
        Correct
        Can you explain what creating a "dummy product" entails
        Simply create a new product, Give it a name and reference and put in a price for it, set the stock level and then set the product to 'hidden'

You can then copy and paste this product and change the name for each size

The fact that it is hidden means that no html page is generated for it keeping the upload time down.

50 prods in 7 sizes is manageable...

I had to do this conversion for a customer with over 800 products in at least 5 sizes...

Once you've got the hang of it, it should take you about half a day to do.

Cheers

Jos
        Thanks

Jos Medinger

Tel : 01978 843 962
        www.internetology.co.uk
        Actinic / E-Commerce Hosting, Design & SEO

Comment

Thanks Jos

Here speaks a man with experience - my task is almost trivial in comparison to what you did. Thanks for the input.

Ed

Comment

Working...
          X