Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Folder

Hi,

The preview folder is causing me headache! When I refresh a site, any old html pages contained in this folder will override the new html pages found in the site & sitehtml folders!

Should this be the case? What can I do to solve this, as copy & pasting newer files into the preview folder each time I need to refresh a site is just a pain in the...

DB

It definitely shouldn't be doing that. Sounds to me like something is broken.

Does it only do it for a refresh or does it do it for an update as well?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Just refresh. I can update fine.

The strange thing is that this problem is inconsistent - it will more often than not replace new files with old preview folder files, but not always.

I don't know what controls the preview folder files - and how they update - so it's been a bit of a head scratcher.

Comment

I can't help fix this one. At least most of the time you'll be doing an update and one option would be to do a site preview (CTRL-W) before doing a refresh so all the preview files are up to date.

It doesn't sound like an immediate killer so you could log an email request for support with actinic here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Just a thought - I have seen this before when there are preview pages in the actual 'Site1' folder - check for any HTML files in the 'Site1' folder that look like they might be preview files.

Comment

Nope, no preview files lurking in either the Site or SiteHTML folders.

I suppose I could try deleting the contents of the Preview folder in hope that a refresh will somehow solve this? Although I'm pretty sure I've tried this already.

Comment

Working...
            X