Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Brochure Pages with Content.

Chris & Co,
    Can you confirm that the content of hidden pages will be generated and uploaded on to the site? Or atleast an option being made available to enable hidden pages with their content to be uploaded?

I want to create a number submit forms on www.collectandplay.com for the submission of links and such like that I don't want to appear in the top level navigation.

That is unless you have a way to upload a brochure page with content and not have it be part of the navigation bar? We talking about using a shim for the button graphic here?

Adam
    www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Hi Adam,

Can you confirm that the content of hidden pages will be generated and uploaded on to the site? Or atleast an option being made available to enable hidden pages with their content to be uploaded?
    Hidden sections are not generated or uploaded.

That is unless you have a way to upload a brochure page with content and not have it be part of the navigation bar? We talking about using a shim for the button graphic here?
    How about creating a custom SectionLine template where all the code except from NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT is commented out:

<!-- SectionLine HTML begin -->
    <!-- Insert HTML for the beginning of a section title -->

<!--<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">

<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="10">

<TR>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP">
    <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONIMAGE</A>
    </TD>

<TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="MIDDLE">
    <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK"><B>NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONNAME</B></A>
    <br><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONTEXT</span>
    </TD>

</TR>

</TABLE>

</DIV>-->
    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
    <!-- Insert HTML for the end of a section title -->
    <!-- SectionLine HTML end -->

This will make section name omitted form the section list but you can still access the contents of the page through a URL.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Toby,
      I honestly don't understand what the issue here is. Hidden pages get generated and uploaded. However you do one stupid thing. You don't uploade the content of hidden pages. Could somebody at Actinic actually try and justify why this is a useful feature?

The idea of hidden brochure pages is phenomanally useful as it excludes it from the top level navigation. Without keeping the content of the page intact, you basically cripple the developer from being able to present pages on the live site showing the look of a page AS WELL AS stopping us developers who are adding business processes/dynamic content to the site which integrates with any look and feel changes that are made through Actinic.

I know I am pushing the boundaries of what can and cannot be done with Actinic, but what I am not expecting is for Actinic to behave in a stupid way. Now would somebody at Actinic please recognise that the current behaviour of NOT uploading hidden brochure page content is phenomenally stupid and get this fixed for 7.02.

There is no logical reason not to generate the page content of a brochure page that I can see, seeing as you are creating a blank version and uploading it anyway.

Adam
      www.collectandplay.com
      www.collectandplay.com - Combining Actinic Catalog and Macromedia Coldfusion in a heady mix of chaos and confusion.

Comment

Hi Adam

The hidden page option in the Section Details is a progression from the hidden product in version 6, for which the purpose was to use the properties of the hidden product (e.g. weight, tax etc) and associate them with a component of an un-hidden product. The page is therefore not generated because the hidden products should not be displayed in their own right.

It would probably be beneficial to have the option of generating the page so I'll put it on the wishlist.

Ben
        Ben Popplestone
        Ecommerce website software

Comment

*eats humble pie*

Comment

Working...
          X