PDF Catalogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF Catalogue

Following on from my Online Order Tracking System I decided to have a go at producing a pdf downloadable/printable catalogue using the Actinic Database.

2 days later and after a crash course in using Crystal Reports and data manipulation, I can produce a pdf catalogue of my entire Actinic website in minutes (940 products).

Sample PDF Catalogue (198k) - Contains Lingerie Images - Please do not visit if you may be offended

Full PDF Catalogue (5.4MB) - Contains Lingerie Images - Please do not visit if you may be offended

To produce I used Crystal Reports 8.5, CviewImage and Acrobat Writer.

Crystal does not support images from filenames in database tables so that is where CviewImage comes in.

I copied the Products and Section tables to a new database so that I could strip out Dummy Products, HTML code and to change the imagefile locations to the full directory path.

I then created the Crystal Report that pulls and formats all the information.

A lot of work to initially setup but opens up many new ways of marketing our products (Give away Cd's - Party Planning etc..) at a fraction of the cost of a professionally produced catalogue.

I may offer this as a commercial service if anyones interested !

Dom Watts
    sales@sexy2wear.co.uk
    Sexy 2 Wear Lingerie
    Dom Watts
    sales@sexy2wear.co.uk
    Sexy 2 Wear Lingerie - WARNING contains adult images

Just a warning mate, next time you post something please make a note if it contains sexual images
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Post updated with warning - Apologies for any offence

Dom Watts
      sales@sexy2wear.co.uk
      Sexy 2 Wear Lingerie
      Dom Watts
      sales@sexy2wear.co.uk
      Sexy 2 Wear Lingerie - WARNING contains adult images

Comment

No offense caused mate, just a pre warning
        Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
        When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by sexy2wear
          Sample PDF Catalogue (198k) - Contains Lingerie Images - Please do not visit if you may be offended

Full PDF Catalogue (5.4MB) - Contains Lingerie Images - Please do not visit if you may be offended

A lot of work to initially setup but opens up many new ways of marketing our products (Give away Cd's - Party Planning etc..) at a fraction of the cost of a professionally produced catalogue.

I may offer this as a commercial service if anyones interested !
          I may be interested - but your example PDF's seem to be long gone. Do you still have the PDFs and would you still be interested in providing this service?
          John

Comment

Working...
          X