Menu layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu layout

I'm using the Smart theme, which displays the all of the sections and sub-sections. I want it to display all of the sections, but non of the sub-sections until the section is clicked.

i.e.
    (Original view)
    Category A
    Category B
    Category C

(When Category B is clicked)
    Category A
    Category B
    sub-category b
    sub-category b
    sub-category b
    Category C

Can anyone explain how I could hide the sub-sections until that section is clicked?

Hi

I wanted to do this but couldn't find a way to do this. I was informed by Chris (from Actinic) that I would need a JavaScript expert to do this sort of think for me.

I would be interested too if somebody can come up with a way of doing this. May be this can be added to the wish list for a future version, as a lot of site do to this.

Cheers

Darren
    Darren Tickle
    http://www.funky-cards.co.uk

Greetings cards, and gift wrap for every occasion.

Comment

Is there anyway to hide a top level section from the menu?

I'm using this theme too...

Is there anyway to hide a top level section from the menu?

I have a semi hidden section for out of season - seasonal products. That way the pages are always present for the search engines, even though not really visible online for Joe Public.

Comment

The JavaScript section list at the side of the Smart and BestSeller themes is pretty basic - it just dynamically works its way through the structure of the store and lays out what it finds so I'm afraid it is not possible to hide a specific section. Sorry about that.

Comment

Will a solution be created for the next patch? Or possibly just a chode to fix the problem?

Comment

Hi

Just a quick question about this, but could you not add a variable so if something is set to say, show only children below this branch, it will only show the items below that section and nothin else. So you have a Perl script that creates the dynamic menu.

I have done this in Perl before but wouldn't want to even try it with the Actinic Perl as every time I touch it something goes wrong.

Sorry does this make sense to you. I not sure if I explained myself for well.

Cheers

Darren
            Darren Tickle

Comment

You would probably do this by adding extra functions into the JavaScript which lays out the section list. I wouldn't know how you do it though.

Comment

Chris

In some ways this would be better to be done in a perl script then JavaScript. I was going to add this onto my wish list which I'm try to do, as I do thing this is something that would be really useful to have.

Cheers

Darren
                Darren Tickle

Comment

Working...
                X