Stock control on choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock control on choices

Does anyone know of a (simple) way to add stock control to choices in v5. As far as I know it can only be applied to products.

If you have a product with choices consisting of different sizes or colours it would be helpful if you could limit the numbers a customer could order in a particular colour or size.

For example I may have a product with three choices, Blue, Green and Red, all at the same price. I have 2 Blue, 5 Green and only 1 Red. I would like to stop a customer from ordering more of a colour than I have in stock, especially if the item is being discontinued.

Perhaps this is available in a later version of Catalog?
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

The component stock control in V5 is much the same as in V7, you define a component against the product and add attributes and choices to the component, you also create hidden products to represent each stock item and enable stock control for the hidden products, you can then go back to the component details and go the permutations tab, go along to the end and you can associate the hidden product with the permutation and then whenever you sell one of the items the hidden product stock levels will be updated. What you can't do easily is show quantities in stock against the choices or take choices out of stock automatically.

The version of V5 I checked this out on was 5.1.2 by the way.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

A bit too involved for the number of items I wanted to apply this to, but might try it on one or two of the faster selling 'discontinued lines' and see how it goes.
      Mick Jackson
      Jackson's Fishing Tackle
      www.jackfish.net

Comment

We have a tool to do this automatically for V6 and V7, I haven't tried it with V5 but if you were interested in buying it I could take a look (it is one of our more expensive products because it is so so complicated - £350). You would still have to go through adding components (which is quite quick to do if you use ctrl-x to cut the attribute, then add the component and use ctrl-v to put the attribute back in).

Cheers,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan, don't think it would be possible as I import data direct from an Excel spreadsheet and your software would work directly on the Catalog files, making for duplication of work. Also I do not think it would be cost effective in my case.

Might try your original 'hidden product' solution on a number of key items.

Thanks anyway for your interest.
          Mick Jackson
          Jackson's Fishing Tackle
          www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
          X