Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase Control

Hi,

I asked a little while ago about member discounts and whether these could be tiered (i.e. orders up to £10, 5% off; up to £20, 10% off, etc.) and this was well answered.

What I would also like to know is whether it is possible within Actinic to automatically cap those discounts inside a given time period. In this case, it would be something like £1500 in any 60 day period (any purchases on top of £1500 would simply not have discounts applied).

I have a feeling this isn't possible but I'd like an official answer.

Cheers,

DB

Actinic works on a per order basis and does not maintain or look back over previous orders in any time frame, so the ability to offer discounts based on previous purchases is not some thing that can be done out of the box, but maybe someone who writes external apps for use with Actinic might be able to come up with something along those lines, but nothing just yet.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for this reply.

Similar question:

How can I set up an Order Level discount that applies to specific amounts, ie.:

£10-£20 5% off
      £21-£30 10% off
      £31-£40 15% off

Where £40 is the final amount to which a discount will apply (so if somebody buys £100 they get 15% off £40 and the rest is standard).

I can't see a way of doing this in Actinic but suggestions are welcome.

Comment

I had a solution for this until you wrote
        Where £40 is the final amount to which a discount will apply (so if somebody buys £100 they get 15% off £40 and the rest is standard).
        which messes everything up as I'm afraid it is impossible to pro-rata discounts in the way you describe (i.e. apply the discount to only a set amount of the value of order).

Comment

Thanks, I didn't think there would be a solution for this. Not likely to be a major problem.

However, you said you had a solution up until the bit about the discount limit - what I would like to know now is if I can do the following:

£10-£20 5% off
          £21-£30 10% off
          £31-£40 15% off

It is the preferred discount format my client wants - but I'm not sure what would happen if a user happens to buy stock to the value of, say, £20.56. Which discount would kick in, if any at all?

I currently have this set up to the penny or cent (something like £10-£19.99, £20.00-£29.99), so I'd like to know if you can round up without any trouble.

Cheers,

DB

Comment

Check out the attached image.

Notice you set the minimum but not the maximum, i.e. it is £10.00-£20.99, £21.00 - £30.99 etc.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, that answers it.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X