Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everytime I think I have cracked it !! ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everytime I think I have cracked it !! ..

I have modified my version of a site so much now its get so complicated ..

I have just scrubbed the pop up window in favour for a full size same window page for my more info's.

Now my problem is ..

I thought abuot it and thought i'd put a history back button on my info pages to put the person back in to catalogue page so they could buy the product then it occured to me if somebody lands on one of these pages from google and hit back they will end up back there

So I kinda get the solution I need but have no idea how to code it ..

Bascially I want a history back with conditions that if the history item doesnt contain buymethatnow in the url then it should redirect the user back to the index page instead of going back to google ..

Or the other option is to hand code the urls with the anchors in url .. However because I have also split my items up in to pages of 10 .. for example we have 4 pages of bad taste bear figures and if one becomes unavailable then i shuffle them around .. so hand coding the url back to where they come from means i have more hand coding to do when this happens to make sure all urls are right .. which is something that can easily get looked over ..

Any suggestions ?

:wanders off wondering why on earth I can't be content with what actinic gave me:
    s a b b i e t a g e d

(*^_^*)

A wise Monkey never monkies with another Monkies Monkey ..

I have to admit I got a little bit lost reading the post....but

I've had a similar problem with pop ups. I changed the link to the extended info page so that search engines would find the pages. That left me with what to do when visitors hit the page from an SE since the "close window" won't take them anywhere.

So I simply put a hard coded link into the template which says "To get to our home page please click here"

This helps the less experienced visitor find their bearings

Comment

Working...
    X