Major disaster with v5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major disaster with v5

After a major hardware disaster, with no useable backup for a fully patched Catalog v5. I reconstructed the site from scratch using data saved in an up to date Excel spreadsheet.

Network settings were fortunately also saved and imported, thanks to MoleEnd software's utility.

On attempting to upload the files, I found I was unable to and the upload hung at the base files (encrypt.cab.) No server error was reported so I think it is a matter of being unable to overwrite the current files.

So, how do I overcome this disaster and is there any way I can recover the orders currently on the server. I have used the same enryption key, user name and password under the security keys section.

If it is a matter of deleting files on the server by FTP then which files need deleting in order to resume the upload.

Thanks in anticipation of an early solution, especially as orders can still be made on this site.

http://www.jackfish.net/acatalog
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Problem solved, sort of, at least I have access to orders on the server, but cannot upload ammendments. Going the upgrade route to v7 which will solve all the problems I have suffered this week.
    Mick Jackson
    Jackson's Fishing Tackle
    www.jackfish.net

Comment

Working...
    X