Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processing problems in Order Manager

Hello there,

A client has experienced some odd problems when processing orders using Order Manager. I cannot understand it myself and have searched the forums but not found any related questions. Can someone help?

The first problem occurred on processing an order from Northern Ireland. The credit card sheet printed out with the correct total in, but then the invoice came out with a different total - it had not included VAT when it should have done.

The second problem is more puzzling. The amount in the credit card list was £21.38, but the amount in the invoice was £23.86. I have just tried placing an identical order in the site and the price I am given is £23.94. This third amount is actually the correct one - the invoice had calculated handling at around 2% of the shipping instead of the correct 3%, causing the 8 pence difference. But I cannot understand where the £21.38 figure comes from, or why they are all different.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? What could be the error in Developer/ Order Manager/ the synchronisation of the two, or the human error in the steps being processed?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Lizzy

Does anyone have an idea?

Please, even if it seems obvious! I have not used Order Manager myself other than to set it up and take the client through the instruction manual. Unfortunately we are at opposite ends of the country so I cannot just pop in and take a look as I usually would.

The only thing I can think of to try is to send them a new snapshot - will this help perhaps?

I cannot understand why the prices would change in the middle of processing the order, unless they are doing something very wrong!

Comment

Have you got Northern Ireland defined as a VAT free zone OR have you got the checkbox enabled to allow people to exempt themselves from VAT?

Order manager should work in the same way as catalog and business, it is essentially the same program with a subset of functionality. I would ask your customer to send you a snapshot and install it in a new site so that you can see why they have been charged less, I can't think of any reason why that would have happened.

By the way, I think that you haven't had many responses to this question because it is a bit of a brain teaser rather than because it is too easy.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your reply! Northern Ireland is set up for VAT. I don't think the purchaser ticked any exemption boxes, because the credit card slip printed correctly, with VAT included in the amount, but the invoice left it off. I simply cannot understand why it would change half way through processing an order!

The other wrong amount is just strange - there's no clear thing that is missing but the amount is just different from what is on the site.

You're right about it being a brain teaser - I cannot think what's going on. I personally don't think it can be the software, but I wondered if there was something obvious that the client might be doing wrong in processing the order that I hadn't thought of (as I've never used it myself).

I think I will send them a new snapshot and then put some test orders through identical to the ones they have had problems with.

Thank you again for your help!

Lizzy

Comment

Working...
        X