• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we do this?

Hey all,

Can we do this with actinic ?

Also,

How do i get my signature to work with my URL in it? or is that not allowed?

Hi,

After a cursory glance I don't see anything here that Actinic couldn't handle -famous last words from a developer

Let us know if you need any help with the design.

Cheers

IMIS
    IMIS
    www.crombie.co.uk
    www.bonasana.com
    www.discount-aromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

Then clearly I need a hand with the design

How is it done?

Comment

Hi,

The unhelpful answer would be "read the manual". The slightly more helpful answer would be "read the advanced user manual"

You really need to get to grips with customising the Actinic templates if you want to reproduce the design exactly. You could use one of the supplied templates to get somewhere near but you wont be able to do it all "out of the box".

We'd be happy to quote for the job if you feel that you'd rather not tackle it on your own. Some URLs from our Actinic portfolio:

www.crombie.co.uk (V6)
        www.bonasana.com (V4 - soon to be V7)
        www.discountaromatherapy.co.uk (V6)

E-mail us via our profile if you would like further information.

Cheers

IMIS
        IMIS
        www.crombie.co.uk
        www.bonasana.com

Comment

Nah,

I aint willing to pay for it to be done. I have read the user manual and have tried to edit the templates by viewing the site in catalog then copying the URL to Dreamweaver and then editting the file but when I save the file it appears to just get overwritten by actinic when I update the web site.

Anybody kno what I am doing wrong? and NO I AM NOT PAYING TO FIND OUT.

If there is anybody out there who can help me with this, even pointing me in the right direction?!? Could my problem be a fault with actinic? Is there a way to test it? Can we re-create the page layout of the site mentioned in the first post?

infact the discount aromatherapy site in the above post, that has a similar layout for the bottles of gunk it sells. If anybody can elp me, plz let me know, thanks in advance..!

Comment

it's just a thought, but if you want to modify the pages using dreamweaver .. make sure it's the pages that create the final site .. rather than the preview pages which actinic creates .. if you are trying to change p_XXXXXX something actinic will ignore any changes, because you're changing a preview page not the actual actinic layout .. you need to change the act_XXXXX stuff.

the manuals are pretty comprehensive .. alternatively spend a couple of hundred quid or so (like I did in July) and go to actinic for a days training .. it sounds a lot .. but it well worth the dosh.

I'm no expert .. but I have noticed (by doing it the wrong way a couple of (dozen)times .. um .. a day it seems) that you do have to be dead careful which version of the page you try to alter .. the dreamweaver actinic extensions are worth loading up too .. then if you open a preview page (p_xxxx) the little actinic icons will tell you which template effects which bit (though .. not always).. and they are the pages or templatey bits you need to adjust.

have fun ..

D

Comment

Originally posted by AFH Dan
              and NO I AM NOT PAYING TO FIND OUT.
              Point taken - just a thought.

We don't use the Dreamweaver extensions and prefer to edit the "raw" templates as we feel this gives us the most control over the final design. This does mean that you need knowledge of HTML and how the Actinic templates work, which can only be gained from experience. A little Perl/JavaScript would also be useful.

More info on designing with Actinic (including instructions on how to use the Dreamweaver extensions) can be found here:

http://www.actinicdownloads.com/docs...esignGuide.pdf

Best of luck.

IMIS
              IMIS
              www.crombie.co.uk
              www.bonasana.com

Comment

Thanks ppl

Comment

Working...
                X