Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mailing passwords, coupon codes

Hi,
    I've recently started using Actinic v6 as our webstore and have found it pretty powerful in being able to adapt to most of our store needs with custom scripts. However, I was wondering if there is an easy way to implement e-mailing of user passwords and attaching coupon codes to products on the webstore. As far as I've seen in the documentation, these are not standard features in Actinic business 6, but seem like pretty standard things that are available on most e-commerce sites. I'd like to know if anyone's been able to implement these types of features and how easy they would be to add as custom scripts. Thanks in advance.

You can email passwords for customer accounts in V6, there is a button on the buyer tab in customer accounts.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I was aware of that option, what I meant is like a "forgot your password" link that automatically re-sends login information to the e-mail address from the store instead of on the back end.

Comment

There is no way to do this in Actinic, so you would be looking at something custom. If you do a 'File | Export' you can export all your customer accounts and buyers as a text file. There may be a way to format this information into something that can be accessed via a custom script call.

Comment

Is there a way to access this customer information in the actinic database directly on the server instead of having to access a manually exported and unsecure text file that contains the information?

Comment

I'm afraid not as the customer information online is encrypted for security reasons.

Comment

Working...
            X