V4 new boy on the block..help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V4 new boy on the block..help please

Three years ago my now ex partner installed V4 and created my site , www.thesmileplace.co.uk, and until recently I have not needed to alter any web or V4 settings. I have now improved(?) the site and wish to improve the actinic bit but my extremely unhelpful Hosting Company will not support old versions of Actinic. Three problems;
    a) The green icon to download orders is pale and won't respond when clicked,
    b) I wish to "edit" the Buy Online page; specifically the text in the products. So far I have opened; Catalog > Gel Refills >Product Details> Full Desription and changed it. So far so good; how do I upload this to the webite? I have tried Web> Refresh Website>Yes but get the following error msgs

At Checking HTML pages get; " the NETQUOTEVAR variable ENDSEPARATOR wasnt found in the template c\prog files\actinic\sites\site1\act_Productline.html

c) V4 is running ok on an old PC at home, but has stopped working at the office. I really need to have it running on both, so I can check orders at home as well as at the office...my hideously unhelpful Hosting people have replied; "one licence, one PC"...surely I must be able to re-install?

Also I actually have managed to install V4 on a new PC at home but havent a clue how to import/transfer my company details/product/orders etc onto it.

Is there someone out there who can help?

Dr Crystal

There is no reason I am sure why you cannot have 2 copies running at the same time. Quite often developers supprt the updates and customers download orders.Only one PC can do the site updates otherwise it will become out of sync.. Also you will have orders downloaded in 2 places. Not sure what the problem is with the hosting company..You need to create a snapshot from the main copy and import the snapshot into the second copy.
    If you want to talk it through (no obligation), sometimes easier than trying through email, send me an email. Bit rusty on v4 as most of my clients are v6/v7 now..
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Download Orders Greyed out

I have come across the greyed out "download orders" button. When I swapped my Actinic site to another PC, despite following all the instructions to the letter given in the knowledge base, the green download orders button was always greyed out. In the end I got around this by exporting the Actinic registry key from the Win98 machine I had it on originally and importing it back onto the new XP machine. After this it worked... after I had also imported the ODBC registry key too!
      I don't know why I had to do this. No mention of this in the knowledge base, only that you had to keep the security information. Not so it would appear.
      Andrew Fish
      http://www.battery-shed.com
      Andrew Fish
      Http://www.BatteryShed.co.uk
      For all your battery requirements at prices less than in the high street.
      "Batteries without the overcharging"

Comment

At Checking HTML pages get; " the NETQUOTEVAR variable ENDSEPARATOR wasnt found in the template c\prog files\actinic\sites\site1\act_Productline.html
        this is probably only a warning, if it lets you continue the refresh do so, as this message can be ignored - there should be a tick box to say don't show this message again

greyed out "download orders" button
        this happens when you move actinic from one machine to another, you just need to do an upload, but before you do this, check your housekeeping keys.

Go to the machine where the original version of actinic is, housekeeping menu, security keys, copy and paste the 4 keys to notepad. Now go to the newer copy of actinic and copy these keys into it. Do a refresh

Comment

Originally posted by ajfish
          I have come across the greyed out "download orders" button. When I swapped my Actinic site to another PC, despite following all the instructions to the letter given in the knowledge base, the green download orders button was always greyed out. In the end I got around this by exporting the Actinic registry key from the Win98 machine I had it on originally and importing it back onto the new XP machine. After this it worked... after I had also imported the ODBC registry key too!
          I don't know why I had to do this. No mention of this in the knowledge base, only that you had to keep the security information. Not so it would appear.
          Andrew Fish
          http://www.battery-shed.com

Hi Andrew

Before doing what you suggest, whats the "ODBC registry key"? ( told you I know nothing)

Tony Crystal

Comment

not still in host mode is it?
            Back up and running thanks to help from Actinic community!!
            http://www.pinkcatgifts.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X