Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emails with links to specific products

Hi

I use a pop up window for my extended info page. I would like to send customers emails with links to specific products (to the relevant pop up page). I have tried a simple cut and paste from my web page to an email, but the link from the info button now on my email does not do what I want, it simple hangs.

I remember reading a long time ago that the pop us is generated from the main page.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steven

The filenames of the pop-up pages can be seen in the 'File Name' field in the 'Extended Information' tab of your products. You need to use this filename, prefixed with the URL of your online store, in the links in the emails you send.

Comment

Thanks Chris

Can you give me an example, as I dont seem to be putting the extention in the right place...

www.abc.co.uk/acatalog/instore.html

For examples

info_471.html

what does this become

www.abc.co.uk/acatalog/instore/info_471.html

??

THanks Chris

Steven

Comment

Not to worry, figured it out...

http://www.abc.co.uk/acatalog/info_471.html

Steven

Comment

Hi

Nope, few spanners in the works!!!

I have tried the email on another computer. I sent an email to my hotmail account, when i clicked on the product in the emial, a new window opened with my extended info page in it, but a box appeared and said...'

------

Cannot find product
          Make sure that the main page is still displaying the product and try again
          (<input type=hidden disabled name="PU_NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCT REFERENCE"> not found in product template)

------

If you click through this, the warning message disapears and all seems fine.

I have mp3 samples, these work when you click on them.
          I have a back to store button, click this and it takes you back to the store.

However, i have an add to cart button, click this and nothing happens.

Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks

Steven

Comment

You are using my Add to Cart on Popup Page patch. This only works properly when that page is opened from the parent Actinic page. I'd recommend not sending your customers directly to these popups by. This would be the same for normal popup pages as they have very little site information.

However it should be possible to extract the url of the parent page from my patch and use that in the e-mail generating link instead. I've no time to investigate this so I hope someone else can help.

Norman
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
            X