Creating Separate pages within Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Separate pages within Sections

I've discovered that I need to split sections into several pages as some sections in my store will have too many products for one page. Although I've found a solution in the knowledge base, the last sentence is a bit confusing to me. The following is quoted from the knowledge base

"You can use the following code to create 'Next Section' and 'Previous Section' links in order to allow your customers to navigate horizontally through your store's structure.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
    <tr>
    <td><a href="NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_URL">
    NETQUOTEVAR:PREV_SECTION_NAME
    </a>
    </td>
    <td align="right">
    <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_URL">
    NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT_SECTION_NAME
    </a>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Include this into your Act_Primary.html, Act_Header.html or Act_ProductBody.html templates."

My problem is which templates do I include this code in? Is it any one of the three? or the first one plus the second or third? Or all three?

Secondly. does it matter where the code is inserted in relation to what is already there. Does any existing code need to be cut?

Sadly my knowledge of html is pretty much zero (as of now!) but I can cut and paste!

Hope someone can advise.

Many thanks,

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

you need to add the code to just one of the 3 templates.

I'd go with act_primary, I'd be inclined to add the code to the template directly after the </table> tag and before the </body> tag.

Try this out and test it, then play around some more to enhance it to what you want.

rtake a copy of act_primary before you start - just in case!

Comment

this is GREAT stuff .. I have a similar problem for a site .. question I have is, how might you determine the length of the page, limiting to .. say ... five products a page?

Comment

the only way to limit products to 5 per page is to create sections with just the 5 products in.

ie there is no automatic way (as yet!)

Comment

Thanks Jo, you've been really helpful. I'll try this out later and see what happens!

Best wishes,

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
          X