Error Box Formatting - Cart Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Box Formatting - Cart Page

I have modified the way that the error box (You must enter x quantity etc) is displayed by using some css to change colours etc. The problem I have is that whilst this works on the product page and the checkout page it does not seem to work in the cart page. Some HTML to show what is being output:

<TABLE ALIGN="CENTER" CELLPADDING="8" BGCOLOR="#990066" CLASS="errorbox">

<TABLE ALIGN="CENTER" CELLPADDING="8" BGCOLOR="#990066" CLASS="errorbox">

These two identical lines are output by the system for the product and the checkout pages, I think I am right in thinking they are controlled by the text in actinic (Design -> Text -> Website -> HTML) that I have modified to:

<TABLE ALIGN="CENTER" CELLPADDING="8" BGCOLOR="%s" CLASS="errorbox"><tr><td>%s

However, for some reason the shopping cart page doesn't seem to use this value, and I am having no luck at all finding where it is coming from (At least in the actinic text). When an error occurs, the cart page outputs:

<TABLE CELLPADDING="10" WIDTH="550" BORDER="1" BGCOLOR="">

From what I can see, this is generated by ActinicConstants.pm, as the error constant - But I'm a little concerned that if I edit it here it will be overwritten by another value in actinic or changed if I ever update the software version.

Is this the case?

Hi there

<TABLE CELLPADDING="10" WIDTH="550" BORDER="1" BGCOLOR="">
    This is coming from "Design | Text". To change it, go to "Design | Text" and put the following values:

Phase: -1
    ID: 2178

You will get the table which you can change to use your class

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

The line that you have given me is the line that I modified to read:

<TABLE ALIGN="CENTER" CELLPADDING="8" BGCOLOR="%s" CLASS="errorbox"><tr><td>%s

As stated in my first post though, this does not affect the errorbox displayed within the cart page, and does not change the value held within the ActinicConstants.pm file. If I change the value in this file to match the above line (Modified to handle differences in %s) it works. Has the file somehow become corrupted? Is it supposed to inherit the values from the line number that you have given me?

I have also noticed that it (The value in the ActinicConstants.pm) fails to populate the bgcolor (When displayed in the cart page) even though one is set within the system (This applies to pre and post modification).

Comment

How odd - you are right. That code is not coming from Design | Text, it is coming from ActinicConstants.pm.

If you search for '550' in ActinicConstants.pm you bring up:
        Code:
        $::ERROR_FORMAT = "<TABLE CELLPADDING=\"10\" WIDTH=\"550\" BORDER=\"1\" BGCOLOR=\"$$::g_pSetupBlob{FORM_BACKGROUND_COLOR}\">" .
        						"<TR><TD><BIG>%s</BIG></TD></TR></TABLE><P><HR>";
        You can make any change you need to e.g.
        Code:
        $::ERROR_FORMAT = "<TABLE CELLPADDING=\"10\" WIDTH=\"550\" BORDER=\"1\" BGCOLOR=\"\#eeeeee">" .
        						"<TR><TD><BIG>%s</BIG></TD></TR></TABLE><P><HR>";
        ... as this formatting is just used for the shopping cart.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Do you know if these files are likely to be modified in point releases? Would hate to think that my client would upgrade his actinic software and kill his site design at the same time.

Comment

During an upgrade, the Perl files are replaced with files of the latest version so you would need to re-apply any changes you have made.

Comment

arghhh!!

I'm having the same issue as above..

I have changed the code as specified to remove the hardcoded 550 width, and replaced it with 100%

However, on a refresh it's still not updating the site.
              In the source the width is still hardcoded to 550.

It's not a caching issue and i've tried to manually update the .pl files to the cgi-bin.

It's really starting to get to me..

Any ideas??

Cheers

UPDATE::::

Forget that... I resolved the issue from within ACTINIC.PM
              http://community.actinic.com/showpos...97&postcount=2

Comment

Have you tried making the change in "Design | Text". To change it, go to "Design | Text" and put the following values:

Phase: -1
                ID: 2178

Change the 550 to 100%

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                X