Colour Scheme Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colour Scheme Problems

I am using clean layout 14 as this is the closest match to my existing site currently being built, however I'm having a problem getting the colours right!

In terms of colour I just want a blue coloured page with a grey box in the middle (e7e7e7) for my content. I'm using t00cdfe for palete 1 and palete 2 as this seems to determine the colour of the top section. Getting the two side bars to seamlessly match is a real headache however. As Palette 3 colours in the two vertical side bars, it would seem logical to choose the same colour as 1 and 2. The problem though is that the side bars are also affected by the background colour! So when I choose a grey colour for the content box my side bars will not match the top section!

Is there anyway I can force the sidebars to display the same colour as my top section whilst retaining the correct colour grey for my content?

Hope someone can help?

Many thanks

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

get rid of the palette images and put hard coded hex values for the colours in instead

Comment

Thanks Jo, I'm a bit of a newbie at this sort of thing.

I assume the hex values are the numbers and letters displayed when selecting a colour? such as 00cdfe for blue. I have set this colour in all three palettes using Design/colour but the side bars are showing a slightly lighter shade of blue.

If I set the palette background to 00cdfe the colours match but the whole page becomes blue and I lose my content area.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Ok!

when you use the palette colours catalog for some unknown reason makes one of the colours a fusion of the others - Goodness knows why! I'd love to hear the explanation.

In order to use these colours as backgrounds, catalog then creates little images of these colours and uses them as background images.

What i always do to get around this idiosyncracy is dump the images and use background colours instead.

So..............if you set your colours in the palette, take a note of the hex values (as you surmised above),take a backup copy of act_primary.html and save it somewhere safe, now edit ACT_PRIMARY (use template manager in the advanced menu) Change the view to the tabbed (grey display), click on the Main tab, choose primary

locate
        Code:
        background="palette1bg.gif"
        replace it with

Code:
        bg color= "#00ffcc"
        or whatever colour hex value you have for palette1

repeat for the other colours palette2bg.gif, palette3bg.gif

Comment

I've replaced all the background palettes as you said, but I must be missing something as no trace of blue is showing on the page as yet. Here's a copy of the code that follows the beginning Netquotevar stuff. Maybe you can spot where I'm going wrong.

<BODY NETQUOTEVAR:BGIMAGE OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLOR TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" NETQUOTEVAR:LINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:VLINKCOLOR NETQUOTEVAR:ALINKCOLOR marginwidth="5" marginheight="5">
          <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" bg colour= "#00cdfe">
          <tr>
          <td>NETQUOTEVAR:LOGOIMAGE</td>
          <td align="right">&nbsp;</td>
          </tr>
          </table>
          <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" bg colour= "#00cdfe">
          <tr>
          <td>&nbsp;</td>
          <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE&nbsp;</td>
          </tr>
          </table>

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" height="100%">
          <tr>

<td bg colour= "#00cdfe" valign="top" width="110"> <br>
          NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP </td>
          <td valign="top">
          <TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" WIDTH="CUSTOMVAR:ACTSTDWIDTH" ALIGN="CENTER">
          <TR>
          <TD VALIGN="MIDDLE" ALIGN="LEFT" >
          NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN
          <A NAME="top">
          <INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME=RANDOM VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:RANDOM">
          </A> NETQUOTEVAR:HIDDENFIELDS
          <!-- If customer accounts are in operation following two lines allow displaying -->
          <!-- User name and customer account name on every page -->
          <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:LOGINLINK --><Actinic:NOWSERVING/><Actinic:CURRACCOUNT/><Actinic:LOGOUT_SIMPLE/><br>
          <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:HEADER -->
          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERTEXT<br>
          <br>
          </span> NETQUOTEVAR:BULK <br>
          <br>
          <span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERTEXT</span>
          <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTER -->
          NETQUOTEVAR:FORMEND<br>
          </TD>
          </TR>
          </TABLE>
          </td>
          <td valign="top" width="110" bg colour= "#00cdfe"><br>
          NETQUOTEVAR:SIMPLESEARCH <br>
          <br>
          <table width="100" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
          <tr>
          <td bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLORCSS">
          <div align="center"> <span class="actxxsmall"> <font color="NETQUOTEVAR:BGCOLORCSS">
          <script language="JavaScript">
          <!--
          document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");
          document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
          // -->
          </script>
          </font></span> </div>
          </td>
          </tr>
          </table>

<!-- coupon entry begins -->
          NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
          <br>
          <br>
          <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
          <form method="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIMETHOD" action="NETQUOTEVAR:CGIURL">
          <tr>
          <td colspan="2" valign="top"><strong>NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONTITLE</strong></td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td colspan="2" valign="top">NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONMESSAGE </td>
          </tr>
          <tr>
          <td valign="top"><input type="TEXT" name="COUPONCODE" size="15" maxlength="255" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONCAPTION" onFocus="this.value='';this.style.background='#FFFFFF'"></td>
          <td><input type="SUBMIT" name="ACTION" value="NETQUOTEVAR:COUPONACTION"></td>
          </tr>
          </form>
          </table>
          NETQUOTEDEL:CAPTURECOUPON
          <!-- coupon entry ends -->

</td>
          </tr>
          </table>

</BODY>
          </HTML>
          <!-- Primary HTML end -->
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

one error to you and one error to me

change your occurances of bg colour to bgcolor

ie without the space and without the u

bgcolor="#00cdfe"

Comment

Thanks Jo, this works great. I've had two unresolved support queries for this issue on the go over the last two weeks and you've sorted it in less than 24 hours!

Html sort of reminds me of MSDOS, very unforgiving. If that's not bad enough, I now have to learn to spell American!

At the moment, I've reverted to the example site that Actinic incorporates. Although the catalogue pages are now the correct colours for what I want, the "Home page"/"Welcome" and "Special", plus "More pages" are still showing the original colours. I assume there must be another template (or more) controlling the look of these pages??

Many thanks

Myles
              www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

No offence intended to any American members of the forum. My wife's from LA, she's all in favour of my learning American!

Myles
                www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

to get the new colouring on the other pages you mention, you will have to make similar changes to ACT_BROCHUREPRIMARY.

Comment

Excellent! Thank you for your help with this. I feel like I'm starting to make progress.

Many thanks

Myles Sinclair
                    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
                    X