What NETQUOTEVARS are available for inserting in emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What NETQUOTEVARS are available for inserting in emails

Hi - is there a list anywhere that defines what NETQUOTEVARS can be inserted into the email.txt files you can send from within order processing?

More specifically I want to an email add the customers response to the user defined question that shows in the INVOICE CONTACT section under the CUSTOMER tab.

TIA
    Regards
    David

In the Advanced User Guide, it tells you how to add the third user definable question in the 'General Information' section of the checkout into the customer email. Would this be of any use?

Comment

I want to do a similar thing

I want to be able to confirm to the customer the payment and shipping methods. I don't see how this could be achieved with USERDEFINED3.

Actually I want to do this in V6 but I don't think that much has changed from V5 in this area.
      Chris Brown

Comment

No ideas on this one I'm afraid. I'll ask the technical team.

Comment

David -

I have worked out how to show the invoice user defined message on the email.

Basically, by default none of the invoice address details appear on the email receipt if the shipping address is the same as the invoice address. I have found the bit of Perl that puts this condition in and succesfully commented out the condition that makes this happen.

You need to open up 'OrderScript.pl' and search for 'BILL_USERDEFINED'. Just below it you will see the function I have put in the attached text file. You need to comment out most of the lines in this function (i.e. start the line with a #) as shown in the attached text file.

Chris, with regards to yours I'm going to have to wait to see if there is an answer from the developers.
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally got a respnse from the developers:

Adding shipping class and payment method needs specific programming.

They can add fields
            Shipping Class: <Actinic:ShippingClass/>
            Payment Method: <Actinic:PaymentMethod/>

wherever they want to the customer mail as described in AUG.

After that they have to edit OrderScript.pl in the site directory and add
            lines

#
            # Add payment info
            #
            my $sPaymentDescription = $::g_pPaymentList->{$::g_PaymentInfo{METHOD}}->{PROMPT};
            $ACTINIC::B2B->SetXML('PaymentMethod', $sPaymentDescription);
            #
            # Add shipping info
            #
            $ACTINIC::B2B->SetXML('ShippingClass', $::s_Ship_sShippingDescription);

at the end of sub GenerateCustomerMail e.g. before the

#
            # Read the template
            #

comment.

Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.

Comment

Works a treat

Many thanks Chris and The Developers (good name for a band).
              Chris Brown

Comment

Working...
              X