Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

search results problem

hi

i've built a site where people will want to search for wine by area / chateau / year:

http://www.bordeaux-wine-investments...og/search.html

and have tried to build the site accordingly: each area is in its own section(s) e.g. red bordeaux / white bordeaux, red burgundy etc. each product is in its own sub section and both product and subsection include the year in its title.

but a search for, say, bordeaux 2003, doesn't bring up *any* 2003 vintages on the first page at all.

how can i fix it so the search engine actually delivers accurate results?

TIA

gerard

Are you using Actinic Catalog or Actinic Business? Actinic Business has the ability to create custom search fields for your products so people can search on region and vintage by selecting the values from a drop-down list.

Otherwise, just check for me that you have got "Add Section Information to Product Text when Indexing" de-selected in 'View | Search Settings' as this can yield unpredictable results.

Comment

i'm using catalog

Otherwise, just check for me that you have got "Add Section Information to Product Text when Indexing" de-selected in 'View | Search Settings' as this can yield unpredictable results.
      i'm afraid this didn't sort it out - the updated site is at the above address but is still returning the wrong results for e.g. bordeaux 2003.

regarding actinic business,

a) can anyone point me in the direction of a sample site with search dropdowns, and
      b) how much does it cost to upgrade from catalog to business?

TIA

gerard

Comment

a) can anyone point me in the direction of a sample site with search dropdowns
        http://www.vintagewinegifts.co.uk/ - they have done quite a neat trick where the drop-downs are in the sidebar, but this is just a customisation to Act_Primary.
        b) how much does it cost to upgrade from catalog to business?
        Call Actinic Sales on 0845 129 4800 for the latest prices and offers.

Comment

Working...
        X