Hiding links from Retail Customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding links from Retail Customers?

I know "<Actinic:NOTINB2B><a href...></a></Actinic:NOTINB2B>" would hide a link for a member or logged-in user, but is there a way of reversing this for non-members?

This sounds simple enough but I can't find any documentation on this.

I've been requesting this since v6, but it doesn't seem as though they're going to do a reverse of it. Instead, you can select to hide the products from different customer groups. Personally, I'd prefer a simple reversal of the <NOTINB2B> tags to be introduced.

Comment

You need to use the <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule> tags as described in

http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...67.html#aKB655

You actually don't need to worry about encoding all the '<' and '>' tags. Just ensure that there are no double quote marks (") within the HTML="...." parameter as this will break the HTML.

Comment

The <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE> was useful for my last site in certain parts of the site, but I needed an exact reversal of the <NOTINB2B> tag for other parts of the site where the showforpriceschedule didn't seem to work. It would just have been easier with the notinb2b tag reversed

Comment

I'd have to agree with antrixx that a simple reversal of <NOTINB2B> would be ideal here.

Chris, thanks for the KB link. It works to some extent, but unfortunately <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule> is breaking the design for non-logins in that its creating additional space below the normal link.

For logged-in users there is no problem - <NOTINB2B> works fine to hide the normal link, while the member's only link is displayed nicely in its place. So I'm left wondering whether the extra space is due to the CSS (which I will test soon), or because <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule> isn't a 100% equivalent of <NOTINB2B> .

DB

<EDIT>

Looked at this further and the hidden link (for non-logins) needs to be controlled by the same CSS in order for it to work correctly. Unfortunately that CSS adds padding to the link as part of the navigation's structure, thus for non-logins there is additional space caused by additional padding of the hidden member's link.

Any suggestions?

</EDIT>

Comment

Unless I use a span class style, wrapped in <Actinic:NOTINB2B> tags, to control the hidden link.

Will try now...

Comment

Doesn't seem to work ;-(

Comment

Correction, does seem to work. If this is ever useful to anybody else:

<li><Actinic:NOTINB2B><a href="normalpage.html">Register Now</a></Actinic:NOTINB2B><Actinic:NOTINB2B><div class="csstohideinretail"></Actinic:NOTINB2B><Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE
                Schedules="1,2,3,4"
                HTML="&#60;A HREF=&#34;memberspage.html&#34;&#62;Members Page&#60;&#47;A&#62;"/><Actinic:NOTINB2B></div></Actinic:NOTINB2B></li>

If what you're hiding is heavily embedded in CSS and breaks out of login, just strip down any padding, height, etc., and hide that rule (<div class="csstohideinretail">) between <Actinic:NOTINB2B> tags.

DB

Comment

Just make sure that your CSS has the following:

}
                  visibility: hidden;
                  display: none;
                  {

This is to ensure that the generated checkout and cart pages completely hide the <Actinic:SHOWFORPRICESCHEDULE...> stuff for non-login customers, which they otherwise don't (display: none is the key here).

Comment

Hi,
                    I have separate trade site linked from my main actinic store.

I have various bits of info in the side bars which I would like to only display for logged in users. The side bars are shown on the main brochure page and also the login page. I enabled user login on entry.

What would I implement and where to hide side bars from non logged in users?

Thanks
                    Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Hi there

The knowledge base above is for simply adding in 'information' for registered clients. With regards to a design, this would be harder to do. I'm afraid i cannot see a way of doing this. Instead could you have the side bar, but have some images or text show up for logged in customers.

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

For now I'll edit the Act_BrochurePrimary.html and edit the original right and left bar title/text references and use another reference number. Do I have to do the same with the Act_BrochurePrimaryLeft.html and Act_BrochurePrimaryRight.html? Also I checked the Login html pages anc couldn't find a reference to the left and right bars to remove them, where do I edit that?

Thanks
                        Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Hi there

Act_BrochurePrimaryLeft.html and Act_BrochurePrimaryRight.html?
                          No you don't need to edit these templates unless you use them on some other of your sections.

lso I checked the Login html pages anc couldn't find a reference to the left and right bars to remove them, where do I edit that?
                          The login page uses the same template as the search and checkout. This can be found in "Design | Option | Layout" and the "Checkout Page Layout" tab.

Kind Regards
                          Nadeem Rasool
                          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                          X