Snapshot Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot Failure

I've only been using Actinic for a couple of weeks and during this period have re-installed the program umpteen times in an effort to cure Snapshot import problems. (plus other stuff)

Finally I decided to see if the problem exists before any user input. It does!
    This is what I've discovered when installing the program on two separate machines. One running XP pro SP2, the other, Windows 98. I've also downloaded and tested Actinic Business and Actinic Developer. The results are the same.

On both machines, Actinic successfully exports a snapshot regardless of the Layout chosen. Importing however is not so consistent. I tested every clean layout from 1 to 14. Yes, it took ages and I think this is something Actinic should have done themselves given the feedback about snapshots! Layouts 1,2,3,5,7,9,13, imported back in succesfully. Layouts 4,6,8,10,11,12, and 14 encountered an invalid argument (missing theme layout 01) and the operation was aborted. Compacting the database via housekeeping has no affect on the result.

O.K. users can back up data manually etc., but isn't that a bit like buying an automatic car then discovering you have to use the gear stick?

I don't know what the fix is, but at least I now know it's not something I'm doing wrong! For anyone like me who prefers an out of the box solution, this sort of problem is a disappointment. I can't help thinking that a bit of testing before launch would have revealed this error.

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Myles

Thank you so much for taking the time to test. I'll report your findings to the development team right away.

Comment

No problem Chris. Hopefully the Developers will come up with a simple fix.

Has Actinic ever considered Beta testing? Advanced testing of a few copies should bring this type of problem to light. Just a thought.

Best wishes,

Myles
      www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Error

I am also spending hours trying to get it to work.

Comment

I think you will have to wait until Actinic provides a fix for this. Until then you can just copy your site1 directory to a safe place each time you want to back-up a copy.

Myles
          www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
          X