Actinic Catalog Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Catalog Questions

Hi, can someone answer some questions for me?

1. Can AC be setup so a customer can just repeat an order?
    2. Can credit card details be stored in an account and reused, so they dont have to be retyped in?
    3. Can AC allow customers to view orders?
    4. Can AC track a visitor, even if a visitor doesnt buy anything?
    5. Can credit card detail be printed so they can be inputted into an credit card swipe machine?

Thank you

1. Can AC be setup so a customer can just repeat an order?
    Afraid not.
    2. Can credit card details be stored in an account and reused, so they dont have to be retyped in?
    Card details when stored if processing them yourselves are downloaded from the encrupted order details and not left online after that point at all.

3. Can AC allow customers to view orders?
    Nope, it does not record and retain online data about orders past and present.

4. Can AC track a visitor, even if a visitor doesnt buy anything?
    It does not include tracking of customers through the site, but can be adapted using the advanced user guide to record the search terms they use, plus your own hosting providers stats can let you know hits and all that.

5. Can credit card detail be printed so they can be inputted into an credit card swipe machine?
    Yes, if you take receipt of the order details yourself as opposed via an Online Credit Card Processor (OCCP), then you download the card details to your AC software and then you can enter them manually into the terminal.

Comment

Good and bad points. I think that we are still going to buy Actinic Business though.

Comment

Obvioulsy bias towards Actinic as we sell it, host it and support it, plus we are here on this formum, so most on here will be bias towards it, with many seeing the titles develop from the early days of v3 right through to what it is now; which is a good piece of software that can do a hell of a lot of things for you, but obviously as from the above, there are things which it lacks, but like you no doubt have come to realise, there is not much out there can do everything you want, so a balance on what you can have without going down a totally bespoke and expensive alternate route is what you can achieve with the software today

Comment

How much is your hosting?

Comment

Hi,

Afraid forum rules do not allow us to divulge that directly within the forum (no chit chat on money is allowed - and we have mistakenly revealed prices before), but you can see the different package rates for Actinic specific hosting with us at http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/hostin..._hosting.shtml and software prices at http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/software/index.shtml

Comment

If you want to know about hosting, search the forums and you will find some interesting reading, there are some that are worth avoiding.

I use pinbrook they helped us out when i had problems with internetters, if you ask they will probably make a bit of space for you to test before you buy, and the big plus is they actively support actinic products. and you can have your own SSL, email antivirus, antispam (no working verywell at present does not block much, new feature) as well as an easy to use control panel for setting up you own domains view account info e.t.c.
              take a look here pinbrookhosting

as i said have a search around

hope this helps
              Darren

Comment

Working...
              X