FTP failure - urgent help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTP failure - urgent help needed

One of our sites has been closed for a few days and I have just tried to update the site to open it. I ran 'Update' about 4 times but it kept stopping - (Not Resonding). So I ran the 'Refresh Website'. Same thing happened - 7 times. We now have no online shop.

I know this has been mentioned and I know that it is being looked at, but that is no help to me now. How did a program that costs so much get into this sort of a problem.
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

When you upload or attempt to upload are you using an ftp.domain.tld or IP address for the ftp details.

In some instances using an IP seems to overcome those who encounter problems, but do not have the foggiest why it would overcome it, but seems to in some cases, so might be worth a try.

Also, have you spoken with your host to see if they have a slant on your connection problems, as if it worked before, then it should still work now.

Have you tried connecting using a standard FTP appilcation to your hosting account to try and see if that works?

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
      When you upload or attempt to upload are you using an ftp.domain.tld or IP address for the ftp details.

In some instances using an IP seems to overcome those who encounter problems, but do not have the foggiest why it would overcome it, but seems to in some cases, so might be worth a try.
      I have all the standard settings in Advanced Network Setup. Not sure where to find the settings you mention.

Also, have you spoken with your host to see if they have a slant on your connection problems, as if it worked before, then it should still work now.
      I only get this problem with Actinic, always have, and other posts suggests other do as well.

Have you tried connecting using a standard FTP appilcation to your hosting account to try and see if that works?

My usual FTP app (WinSCP) works fine.
      Bob Isaac
      Director/Web Admin
      Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Your web host would be able to provide you with the IP address...

Have you tried disabling your firewall just to see if you can atleast connect using the Actinic software whilst the firewall is off? Obviously not saying to disable it forever, but to see if that is affecting your connection via port 21 and that...

Comment

Originally posted by Support@Techno-
          Your web host would be able to provide you with the IP address...
          I have a static IP and that is in the TCP set up.
          Bob Isaac
          Director/Web Admin
          Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Bob

This problem does seem to occur often, when i have this trouble i diconnection my internet connection then actinic fails immediately i then reconnect and then click all the ok and retry buttons and this seems to work fine. I must admit i have only had this problem a couple of times in the last month since i changed servers to new linux ones, same hosting company. Before i would get it evertime i uploaded.

are you using bt broad band?

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

I have Broadband with Netscalibur and our own Cobalt RaQ550 server. I have a Netgear wireless router (using an Ethernet cable on my main PC) and a USB Alcatel modem, I tried both last night separately and had the same problems. After trying persistently I got the job done. I had no problems with any of the other apps I use with our server, only Actinic.
              Bob Isaac
              Director/Web Admin
              Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

7.0.2 will be available shortly which includes a new 'Enhanced FTP' upload which behaves more like a normal uploading program. This should sort out your connection issues with Actinic.

Comment

Many thanks
                  Bob Isaac
                  Director/Web Admin
                  Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Working...
                  X