Duplicated Navigation Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicated Navigation Links

I've had a good search through the knowledge base but can't find any advice for the following.

The example store that comes with Actinic is set up so that the Navigation Links for sections on the catalogue page are repeated on the right hand side of this page. It also displays a link for "Catalog page index".

When I delete all the example sections and put in my own, the new sections are of course automatically repeated along with the annoying "Catalog page Index" link!

Can anybody help advise on how I get rid of these duplicate links? Plus I'd like to ditch the "Catalog page index" from showing!

Hope someone can help!

Many thanks,

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

O.K. I've managed to stop the "Catalogue page index" from showing. My other machine is running a trial copy of Actinic and it was in Developer mode!

However, I still can't track down why my navigation is being duplicated on the first Catalogue page! I know it's probably something obvious, but there doesn't seem to be any reference to this in the manual, design guides or the knowledge base!

Can anybody help a newbie and throw me a lifeline? Even a page number in a guide will do!

Thanks

Myles Sinclair
    www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

The Catalog Pages Index link won't actually be there in the online store. It is just there in preview to give you a link to a preview-only sitemap with links to all the pages in your site. But if you don't want it that's fine...

The list of section navigation links at the side is your top-level section list. It gives you a constant link to all the top-level sections in the store, even when you go into a different section. You can turn it off in 'Design | Options | Sections'.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I'd spotted after my last post that the "catalogue index" only showed in preview mode.

I can see now that it's a very useful function. It only presented itself because I was running Developer, having forgotten to switch back to catalog mode on my other PC. Of course, now that I like it, I can't use it as Catalog doesn't include it! That's life. Serves me right for moaning!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for sorting my Navigation issue. I can see where I was going wrong!

Best wishes,

Myles Sinclair
        www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Working...
        X