calculated discounts for a certain login group, plus a couple of other Q.s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calculated discounts for a certain login group, plus a couple of other Q.s

I am about to set off on my second site .. it's going to be a more comprehensive one compared with the first (confidence building = problems ahead I have no doubt!). As well as using a couple of Drillpine add-ins I can see the client is going to need a variety of pricing options.

The site is for a high street retailer, who also operate a 'teacher discount' for everything (or maybe everything anyway) .. Can I allow a teacher to log into the site, and be presented with everything priced X percent lower than the normal retail price that is shown to non-logged in folks .. can things have different percentages, perhaps even grouping products from different departments together .. so .. maybe Product group 1 can be lowered by 10%, whereas Product group 2 might be able to be offered with 20% ... and so on .. ? This percentage, could really do with being based on a ex.VAT price (adding VAT at checkout) .. whereas the rest of humankind get a Inc.VAT shown if they're not logged in.

I'm assuming it be a calculated percentage (or do I have to work all the prices out on a calculator (!) and put them in as actual figures?).

ALSO ...At checkout, I would like the teacher to put in which school (or oganisation) they represent, as a non-optional field .. so it is less likely to be abused - maybe this info is checked against the customer log-in record. I hope this is possible too? .. might all be a bit more advanced than Actinic can handle .. but maybe not ..?

LASTLY ... and this might be really off the wall .. but is it possible to prefill the address based on their login, so the school (or whichever address they have initially registered .. for a private tutor for instance) becomes the delivery address (perhaps fixed & not changable) so if they are logged in as a teacher and want the educational discount, the stuff can only be delivered TO the school/registered address?

lots there .. sorry .. any advice welcome.

I think there is another thread which has a similar quiery as this .. regarding specific groups and trying to reduce the use by a code, or access to discount prices by others.

In this case, I don't think I need a one-off discount (as the teachers to whom this discount is available will hopefully buy a number of things ... perhaps a code which only lasts a specificed time might be rather clever?) .. but I kinda still need some suggestions .. if anyone would be kind enough to oblige? .. a use-once discount code would be very cool though.

thanks all ..

David

Comment

Can I allow a teacher to log into the site, and be presented with everything priced X percent lower than the normal retail price that is shown to non-logged in folks
      Yes. This is a standard feature of Actinic Business/Developer. You can create a number of customer accounts - one for each school. You can give these a username and password and assign them to a customer group
      can things have different percentages
      The 'Customer Pricing' tab in 'View Discounts and....' can be used to assign different discounts to different schools
      perhaps even grouping products from different departments together .. so .. maybe Product group 1 can be lowered by 10%, whereas Product group 2 might be able to be offered with 20% ... and so on .. ?
      You can create discounts based on product groups, and then restrict each discount to a particular customer group
      This percentage, could really do with being based on a ex.VAT price (adding VAT at checkout) .. whereas the rest of humankind get a Inc.VAT shown if they're not logged in.
      This can't be done I'm afraid. It's either the whole store is shown ex VAT or the whole store is inc VAT.
      I'm assuming it be a calculated percentage (or do I have to work all the prices out on a calculator (!) and put them in as actual figures?).
      It's done on a calculated percentage so you won't have to do too much head scratching.
      ALSO ...At checkout, I would like the teacher to put in which school (or oganisation) they represent, as a non-optional field .. so it is less likely to be abused - maybe this info is checked against the customer log-in record. I hope this is possible too? .. might all be a bit more advanced than Actinic can handle .. but maybe not ..?

LASTLY ... and this might be really off the wall .. but is it possible to prefill the address based on their login, so the school (or whichever address they have initially registered .. for a private tutor for instance) becomes the delivery address (perhaps fixed & not changable) so if they are logged in as a teacher and want the educational discount, the stuff can only be delivered TO the school/registered address?
      The address information shown in the checkout for logged-in customers is pre-set. You enter the information when you create the customer account. So this is not a problem.

Can I suggest you look at the 'Regular Customers' section of the online help before going much further as this should clear up a few questions.

Comment

I will, thanks very much for all that.

D

Comment

just one thing

This percentage, could really do with being based on a ex.VAT price (adding VAT at checkout) .. whereas the rest of humankind get a Inc.VAT shown if they're not logged in.
          you can opt to show both VAT inc and excl at the same time, so Jo public can look at one price, business the other. but all calculations are based on vat excl it is when you checkout the VAT is added, because of different VAT locations and %

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

good idea.

I am seeing client tomorrow, so will thrash this out with them.

thanks all.

Comment

Working...
            X