This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April '09 Update

Welcome to the second Actinic News update, April 09.

I was really pleased with the feedback from the first post, hopefully you found my answers (both direct or on the community) helpful. Since the last update I have probably spoken to more Actinic designers, developers and merchants than ever before. Your feedback helps to shape the product as well as what we do as a company, so thank you.

If you want to comment on this update, please feedback in the supporting post, or email me direct at bdyer (at) actinic.co.uk or add me as Skype contact (bendyer) I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

V9

Last month the big news was that v9.0.4 was getting closer. Feedback suggested that I should list all of the changes, new features and bug fixes. Well here's the full list:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/changes-v904.htm

The release is substantially complete, but is still being tested and tweaked; however we are putting out a call for beta testers. If you would like to be included you can sign up by emailing us.

I would just like to take this opportunity to encourage as many people as possible to sign up for the beta. While we do try to test thoroughly in the lab, there is no substitute for real world testers. Our customers use our software in so many different ways, getting your feedback is critical to the development process.

V10

I don’t have much of an update on v10 this month as we have really been focused on v9.0.4. However, things are beginning to move in the right direction. As I mentioned in the last update, we are including a few heavily requested wish list items as well at Real Time Stock and improvements to our checkout process.

Express

We had a great month with the Express online product with over 200 new customers joining us following a fantastic promotion by PayPal. We have worked really hard to make Express v2 one the easiest to use online shopping cart available, so I hope that you like it.

If you are a new customer to any of our products I would like to extend a warm welcome.

Support

On the support front, it's been very busy over the last couple of months and March was the busiest since last summer. Despite this, 71% of customers rated Actinic support 7/10 or higher in the latest customer survey, earlier this month. I know there's been some concern regarding employees leaving Actinic over the last year, but we generally have a good record for retaining employees within the company. In support, we hired six people last summer, who have all been learning very quickly. We are continuing to invest in training of all the support team to increase their knowledge across the product range. Continuous training leads to better support and makes a key difference. We hope that you notice.

...and finally

Can I apologise for the problem with the last update. As you know we had a slight mishap with the posting and lost a few replies. Thankfully we managed to get most of them back but I appreciate how frustrating it was for those involved.

Thanks for reading this, I look forward to your comments!
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?
Working...
X