No announcement yet.

Actinic Desktop is now called SellerDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to clarify, are you saying that they are still trying to sell you Actinic Online? If so, I'm afraid there is not much we can do about it here - Actinic and SellerDeck are now different and separate companies.

You would need to contact Actinic and ask them to remove you from their mailing list.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Bruce,

I think the issue here is probably why we're on their mailing list at all?

Our details are held by sellerdeck and we've never been asked for permission to hand them over to a third party. To me there's a data protection issue here as the new Actinic company should never have been given our details in the first place.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

For twelve months we were one company. You would have started receiving emails about Actinic Online during that period, so they can continue unless you unsubscribe.

If you ask, they will remove you, but SellerDeck has no control over that. If we did, then that definitely would be a data protection issue.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Hmm. I don't know who advised Sellerdeck during the split but it sounds like they didn't do a very good job.

When you split a company you agree who has rights to which intellectual property and company data. I can't believe you gave them rights to your software so presumably confidential customer data was either overlooked or you agreed to let them have it ?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
            For twelve months we were one company. You would have started receiving emails about Actinic Online during that period, so they can continue unless you unsubscribe.

If you ask, they will remove you, but SellerDeck has no control over that. If we did, then that definitely would be a data protection issue.
            Hmm not sure about that as we got a letter through the post which knew quite a lot about the current cover contract we have with sellerdeck. Offering to change us to actinic online for free during the cover period.

NIgel
            Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Just ask to be a partner at Actinic online ... you will never hear a word from them again ;-)

.. but seriously, if you are not interested, just unsubscribe next time you get an email and use the letters to light the fire (if you have one!!)

I am being plagued by actinic online ads on facebook and other ad sense type places, anyone else seeing this?

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                Just ask to be a partner at Actinic online ... you will never hear a word from them again ;-)
                lol, snap.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                I am being plagued by actinic online ads on facebook and other ad sense type places, anyone else seeing this?
                Yes - I see quite a lot of ads around for online too. I assume that kind of product requires quite agressive marketing.

Comment

Just got another two emails from 'Actinic' offering me a 'free site audit'.

I wonder what change this free audit would recommend.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                    Just got another two emails from 'Actinic' offering me a 'free site audit'.
                    Me too, I don't usually bother to open them but reading this thread I decided to 'unsubscribe'.

Although the email comes from Actinic.co.uk, the unsubscribe link takes you to Sellerdeck.co.uk.

Have I just unsubscribed from Sellerdeck, whose emails I don't mind?
                    Paul
                    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

No, you are just unsubscribing from the Actinic emails, not SellerDeck.

Chris

Comment

More to the point, why the connection if there's no connection?

Not interested in an answer, just making the point.

Paul
                        Paul
                        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bulpit View Post
                          Although the email comes from Actinic.co.uk, the unsubscribe link takes you to Sellerdeck.co.uk.
                          This implies that Sellerdeck and Actinic are sharing data and/or an email marketing system?

That is not good and contradicts what Chris and Bruce have said.
                          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

hmmmm i see there have been more changes with the rebrand thing. I really must keep up with whats going on

That would probably answer why this forum is so quiet these days

Comment

This forum is very quiet. Is this to do with the re-branding?

Was going to introduce myself, expecting it to be thriving.

Comment

Can someone ban this person please? Using the forum as a free advert for his horrible-looking products, none of which are being sold from a Sellerdeck site.
                                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
                                X