IMPORTANT: Sellerdeck Payments by NMI Security upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT: Sellerdeck Payments by NMI Security upgrade

From 4th October 2021 Sellerdeck Payments powered by NMI will enforce a security upgrade.

If you are not on the latest version of Sellerdeck Desktop (v16.1.1, v18.1.1 or higher) you must take action now to ensure you can continue to receive card payments. Without taking action you will not be able to receive card payments.

This upgrade has already been applied to v16.1.1 & v18.1.1 and all subsequent versions – meaning if you are on these versions there is no action required.

If you are not on these versions please read our related blog post for details of the action you need to take.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Has this now been postponed to 6th December

Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Hi Darren. Yes, enforcement of the security upgrade has been postponed to 6th December by NMI, and you should have received an email about that.

Nevertheless we still recommend upgrading as soon as you can. This is a recommended enhancement to the security of your website which is already supported for those who upgrade.
      Bruce Townsend

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
        Hi Darren. Yes, enforcement of the security upgrade has been postponed to 6th December by NMI, and you should have received an email about that.

Nevertheless we still recommend upgrading as soon as you can. This is a recommended enhancement to the security of your website which is already supported for those who upgrade.
        No the last email I got was 24th September where the date was still 4th October, I can't find anyhting in the spam folder so either I didn't get it or cleared spam and missed it.

I have started work on a new V18 Site with Swift V2 but it is not yet ready for release so this postponement gives me a little breathing space to to get the new site ready
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I've not received an email about that - when was it sent?
          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Our email was sent last Friday, to everyone who received the previous one. I think that was to everyone with a Sellerdeck Payments account. Unfortunately sent does not necessarily mean delivered :-(

AIUI the content was as posted here. The deadline is postponed to 6th December byNMI, but we are still recommending everyone to upgrade ASAP to get the improved security. There's more info about that in the blog post - see the link above.
            Bruce Townsend

Comment

This is a link to the email for anyone who may not have received it: https://mailchi.mp/sellerdeck.com/se...ity-upgrade?e=[UNIQID]
              Bruce Townsend

Comment

Apparently when you upgrade to 18.1.2 (Swift V2) the upgrader may not always upgrade the PSP scripts leaving the custmer unable to process payments.

How do we make sure the new scripts are in place as I am sure when I tried to do PSP upgrade in Help, Troubleshoting, it upgraded to the old Smart versions and not the new 18.1.2 Swift ones.

Has this been fixed now?

Does PSP upgrade actually upgrade the PSP scripts to current?

Thank you...
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer
                SellerDeck Website Designer
                Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Where can we access the latest OCC scripts?
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

So I have a client with a brand new Swift v2 18.1.2 that I made for them and installed and since then they cannot take payments with Sellerdeck Payments. Sellerdeck development say "a code did not upgrade properly".

How can I make sure Sellerdeck upgrades its scripts correctly when I hand a new site over?
                    Jonathan Chappell
                    Website Designer

Comment

On rare occasions there can be a glitch in the upgrade process which can sometimes affect a PSP. The cause can be anything from a bad disk sector to a file being locked by a search index or background anti-virus check. Because it's a random event it's usually impossible to identify the cause or provide any steps to avoid it.

Something like that may or may not be the cause in this case. But it may be worth repeating the upgrade locally, and testing to see whether it is successful second time around.
                      Bruce Townsend

Comment

Thank you Bruce - it was the lap of the gods then?!
                        Jonathan Chappell
                        Website Designer

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                          On rare occasions there can be a glitch in the upgrade process which can sometimes affect a PSP. The cause can be anything from a bad disk sector to a file being locked by a search index or background anti-virus check. Because it's a random event it's usually impossible to identify the cause or provide any steps to avoid it.
                          Have any other users experienced similar problems after upgrading to Swift 2 V18.1.2 or V18.1.2 and if so which PSPs were affected?
                          Martin
                          Mantra Audio

Comment

Working...
                          X