This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
    The previous version had a "Forum contains new posts since you last visited" icon.
    Try "Today's Posts" and "New Topics" in the navigation bar - do they do what you're looking for?

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
    Is the new version performing the same way or do you have to read every topic to get the forum to show as having been read.
    I believe Cookies are responsible for this functionality. Will take a further look soon.
    Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

I've also tried the "Mark This Channel Read" link at the bottom of each Forum.

It worked on some but not all. E.g. V18, 2016, 2014, V11 went to a grey icon.
      However 2013, v10,v9/v8, Beta Testing V7 still show the blue unread posts icon.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Ha, yes. I was about to post about why couldn't I see which sections had now posts and it turns out that's because they're all saying they have new posts.

Like Norman, I tried the 'Mark this channel as read' and it worked for the first 3-4 I tried it on (I think this one, V18, 2016, 2014 but not 2013, V11, etc or any more after this). I wonder if there's some kind of limit set somewhere as to how many changes we can make within a certain time limit? I'll try again on the other sections later.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

It's quite weird as going through each of the sections in turn, many of which have no unread threads, would have no effect until suddenly it seems the cookie would update and whole blocks of sections would turn to having a grey, read icon. Sometimes after opening a thread that was marked as unread.

But then there are some sections that just won't do it whatever I do. For me its the

Other Sellerdeck Products
          Sellerdeck Marketplace
          Sellerdeck Desktop Extensions

sections.

I've managed to get everything else to go grey.

Comment

Would be nicer if the site content was wider - it's 2018, sod the tiny monitor people!

Agreed with what others have said, the bottom third of the forum looks a bit mangled with all of the subforums.
            Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

The main page of the forum has a Mark Channels Read link at the very bottom.

Clicking this got rid of all the "unread posts" icons for the entire community.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman that worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSMR View Post
                  Would be nicer if the site content was wider - it's 2018, sod the tiny monitor people!
                  I think you'll find it's 1997 right now. But I've set the max-width to 1800px.
                  Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

I'm finding the new layout of the forum a bit of a pain as we can no longer go directly to the end of thread to see the new posts. Instead we have to click to go into the first page of the thread, then scroll down to the bottom of the page to get to the clickable page links so we can click through to the last page and see what's new.

I'm pretty sure we used to have the links to each page of the threads at the forum level. Can we have them back please?

They'd also be useful at the top of the page in the thread itself. I can't say I find the forward / back buttons and being able to type a page number that helpful.

Edit: I have now discovered the >> on the right hand side that takes me directly to the last post. I find it a bit odd that I have the post details on the left hand side but have to go across to the other side of the screen to find the link. I think the previous option with the page links on the left hand side is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jtaylor View Post

I think you'll find it's 1997 right now. But I've set the max-width to 1800px.
                      Hi Justin,

I was commenting on the year being 2018!

Forum is nicer at full width.
                      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                        I'm pretty sure we used to have the links to each page of the threads at the forum level. Can we have them back please?
                        Hi Mike - this is vBulletin's default template. You have to hope they user tested it before releasing it! My concern with editing it outside of what is set in configuration is that upgrading it will break it again.

I hope it's just a case of getting used to it, but I do feel your frustrations. Try for a little longer than report back if it doesn't become clearer.
                        Ops Manager, Sellerdeck

Comment

Working...
                        X