Alignments in a cell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignments in a cell

OK been batling this around today, i am messing with a test site at present and am trying to tweak a product layout. I have got it just about there but i need some advice on getting everything horizontally aligned

The page is here

you will notice that the Qty and buy now buttons site higher than the text. Suggestions for a work around would be much appreciated

Darren
    sorry about the railings in FF, safari and others Fergus what were the changes in the css

This is to do with the line-height .. set this in the CSS to see if that resolves the halign .. failing that you can position the elements using negative magins (the brute force approach)

ps. that is a nasty colour scheme Darren .. please reassure me it won't transfer to the actual site? .. nor the railing product divider!

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

erm yer right thanks Jont, come on im a plain english man you know that.

The colour scheme is as is and no i wont be staying, i did oppologies about the railing though

Comment

In Kentish.....

The text is taking up a certain amount of space due to the line-height ... the input box and button are taking up bigger vertical spaces... you need to either :

a. make the vertical spaces the same so they align correctly, or
        b. set margins to drag the elements into place

Try setting the line-height for the text first - this is often left from styling and the browser uses it's own default values. If that does not work then position the button and input boxes (or a combination of the 2).

You could also try setting a padding-bottom value for the text to see if that pushes the text up and inline.

Several ways to skin the cat.

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont, i'll give it a go - shit is that the time, might have to wait til monday, gonna get under some canvas and drink beer for a couple of days laptop is staying at home. I've shoved it down for now, then work on bringing it up

Thanks again, good job you understand kentish then

and to save anyone else that has a look i have changed the colour scheme, not final but just a quick fix to protect your eyes

D

Comment

Better colours

Have you seen the right hand side of the navigation bar in Firefox? It is being pushed partially onto a new line.

Slacker.. another 1.5 hours yet and working the Saturday shift

Bikster

Comment

Yep does it in IE aswell when you drill down a level. Fergus you really need to do some work on that template

Cheers J and catch up with you later

D

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                Better colours

Have you seen the right hand side of the navigation bar in Firefox? It is being pushed partially onto a new line.

Slacker.. another 1.5 hours yet and working the Saturday shift
                How'ed the saturday shift go

I have edited the the layout and shifted everything left, could you just see if it has fixed the issue in FF, cant believe i have not put FF on the laptop yet.

Cheers
                D

Comment

I just checked and it's all on one line in FF now.

(that blue is much better btw!)
                  Tracey

Comment

Need to look at a logo, that gives me 2 i have to sort out, Logo's are not really my thing so it could take a while.

D

Comment

OK lets not start a new thread, does anyone know where i can find the product divider so i can change it or try to so as to cure the railing under FF & Safari

Cheers
                      Darren

Comment

No lets change that, i have edited the CSS and can make it a nice thick solid line in both IE and FF but cant cure the problem.

is there a work around ?

Cheers
                        Darren

Comment

use:

<hr/>

instead

Comment

Thanks Lee, not quite the work around i was looking for / actually never gave it a thought.

OK be patient with me, if im going to us the HR tag then how would i best apply it, the current product seperator is set up in the css, your not going to tell me to put it in the layouts?

Cheers
                            Darren

Comment

Show me a page where you are using it Darren and i will understand fully then, i use a <hr> in all cases now as the actinic method doesn't work for 40% of visitors to your site.

Comment

Working...
                              X