Remove Quick Search Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Quick Search Bar

i'm about to put up a very small catalog and search is totally unnecessary.

there's a 'quick search bar' layout selector, but NULL is not a choice for the layout.

i can't seem to find a variable or condition that controls whether quick search is included or not.

have i not found it? or is the only way to disable this edit the layout to a null?
    David Camm
    President
    Advanced Web Systems
    Keller, TX

Am I understanding you correctly, can't you just delete the reference to the quick search bar layout?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

well, i'm still learning.....

what i just tried was going to design and unchecking the 'site' placement on the quick search bar.

didn't work.

however, opening up the home page in design view allowed me to edit the basic header area and comment out the quick search bar replacing it with  

that did the trick.

i'm somewhat frustrated with v8 thus far. tracking down where something is actually set is, imho, somewhat difficult.
      David Camm
      President
      Advanced Web Systems
      Keller, TX

Comment

You can comment out or delete layouts in the design view very easily, adding them back in again is just as easy, of course you need to know what to look for in the first place.

Keep going with it though, many off us took along time to get used to it. I for one though would not like to to go back to v7 now, v8 is far more flexible and, imho, and big advance on it's predecessor!

Also note that the placement options only set where you can place the layouts, not where they will actually appear.
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Working...
        X