IE6 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE6 problem

Im having trouble with trying to use a conditional stylesheet.

I want to use a few different parameters in IE6 and so am using the command
    Code:
       <!--[if lt IE 7]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" /><![endif]-->
    . This code is in after the actinic stylesheet is called. However nothing happens!!

I have tried removing the conditional statement and then firefox and IE7 use the extra info in the stylesheet, but still not IE6. So basically IE6 is not reading this stylesheet at all.

Any thoughts??

Thanks for any help!

actinic strips out a lot of comments to reduce page size, this exact issue was mentioned in this forum today, in another post. There is at least 2 workarounds possible.

Comment

Ok, after a little searching fixed it by deselecting the"compact HTML" option.

Sorry for not searching before, but I was asked to post this here by tech support as they were struggling to help me.

Thanks for the pointer!

Comment

Originally posted by mat
        but I was asked to post this here by tech support as they were struggling to help me.
        OMG!......

Comment

You're right there mr hack.

It makes me cold inside.

Comment

oh dear
            I fear a backlash...
            Tracey

Comment

If I was CD right now, i would be booking a holiday right about.........NOW!
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

That reminds me to chase support re my outstanding problem within protx which they are looking into.

Perhaps they have lost it in a black hole

Comment

Errrrmmmmmmmmmmm

Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat Tin Hat

S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t S**t

Comment

lol @ your avatar Darren...can't see the crayon from that angle though
                    Tracey

Comment

i'm bumping this to the top of the pile, becasue i want to make it into a wish.

i wish i could select a page or a fragment, and somehow tag it not to be messed with.

i want to be able to tell actinic to ignore certain things.

i NEED conditinal statements and other things that are stripped when actinic strips html, and i also need some formatting and line breaks that it removes on certain things.

perhaps a block statement type that stops actinic screwing with the contents?

Comment

Hi Gabe - I've added this to the wish list for you.

I guess it would require something similar to the old <!--@act comment tags that used to stop NETQUOTEVARs from breaking Dreamweaver. Except these would be special comment tags that were not stripped by Actinic.

Comment

perfecto! just what i was thinking aboot.

Comment

Working...
                          X