Brochure Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure Logo

Can anyone tell me how to get my brochure logo image aligned in the center.
    I have searched the help files and this forum but there does not seem to be any straight answers for this.
    Thanks.
    Mark
    If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

One possibility - try the following (backup first).
    In the Smart Header Area Layout code look for this:
    <td>block ifCompanyLogoImage/blockblock ifBrochureLogoImage/block</td>
    and insert div tags to make it look like this (don't cut and paste this, just copy the div info into your code):
    <td><div align="center">block ifCompanyLogoImage/blockblock ifBrochureLogoImage/block</div></td>

Comment

code

Hi,
      Thanks for the reply.
      I can't really see the details you said, here is all the code from that section.

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="background-image:url('theme_topbar_background.gif');">
      <tr>
      <td><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" /></actinic:block></td>
      <td align="right">
      &nbsp;
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" class="secondbar" style="background-image:url('theme_secondbar_background.gif');">
      <tr>
      <td>
      <actinic:variable name="QuickSearchBar" />
      </td>
      <td align="right">
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
      <actinic:variable name="BrochureNavBar" value="Brochure Nav Bar Text Link List" />
      </actinic:block>
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
      <actinic:variable name="NavigationBar" value="Horizontal Nav Bar Text Links" />
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>

Comment

Originally posted by kessock
        Hi,
        Thanks for the reply.
        I can't really see the details you said, here is all the code from that section.

Code:
        <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" style="background-image:url('theme_topbar_background.gif');">
           <tr>
              <td><div align="center"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
        <actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
        <actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" /></actinic:block></div></td>
        the red parts are what Duncan is suggesting to try
        Tracey

Comment

??

Am I right in thinking I need to change the align right to read align centre.

Comment

except make sure you spell it "center", eh, Jo?
            Tracey

Comment

I don't think so. The align right you presumably refer to is in the td below not the td where the logo is sitting.

Just replace this piece of code:
              Code:
              <td><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" /></actinic:block></td>
              with:
              Code:
              <td><div align="center"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" /></actinic:block></div></td>
              The alternative is to add align ="center" to the first td by changing this:
              Code:
              to this:
              Code:
              <td align="center"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" /></actinic:block></td>

Comment

I see where I need to place these now but cannot see how to create a "div tag".
                I searched the help file but it says nothing as far as I can see.
                Help :-(

Comment

Read Duncans post again, he has given you old code to look for and the new code to replace it with

Comment

logo

Hi all,

I have just tried inputting the code as above but have now got 3 logos (one is in the middle so I spose that is a sort of result).

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Mark

Here is the code as it stands.

<tr>
                    <td><div align="center"><actinic:block if=""><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" />/<actinic:block ><actinic:block if=""><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" />/<actinic:block ></div></td>
                    <td align="right">
                    &nbsp;
                    </td>
                    </tr>
                    </table>
                    <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" class="secondbar" style="background-image:url('theme_secondbar_background.gif');">
                    <tr>
                    <td>
                    <actinic:variable name="QuickSearchBar" />
                    </td>
                    <td align="right">
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
                    <actinic:variable name="BrochureNavBar" value="Brochure Nav Bar Text Link List" />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22">
                    <actinic:variable name="NavigationBar" value="Horizontal Nav Bar Text Links" />
                    </td>
                    </tr>
                    </table>

Comment

Not meaning to be rude but it is in the code, you have left the old code and put the new bit in aswell? replace the code with the new code

OLD CODE
                      Code:
                      NEW CODE - put this in instead of the old code
                      Code:
                      <td><div align="center"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" /></actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageType%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22Brochure%22"><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" /></actinic:block></div></td>

Comment

You seem to be getting in a mess with this cutting and pasting.

You will need to remove the code below that you have messed up and replace it in the same place with the code further below this.

So, remove this:
                        Code:
                        <td><div align="center"><actinic:block if=""><actinic:variable name="CompanyLogoImage" />/<actinic:block ><actinic:block if=""><actinic:variable name="BrochureLogoImage" />/<actinic:block ></div></td>
                        and replce it with:
                        Code:
                        If it still doesn't work then you will have to revert back to what you started with and continue again from Darrens post immediately above this one..

Comment

backup

have reverted back to a backup (before I read your message) and am now back to the code below.

I did try uploading before I did so as I managed to get it down to 1 logo, but when I did I had a serious amount of errors n the code (hence the backup).

Do I remove this whole line and replace it with the code you have put directly above this.

Thanks.
                          Mark

Comment

Result

Thanks for all the help.

I took the chance and removed the code replacing with yours and all is well.
                            Once again thanks.
                            P.s. how do I read up on the blockif and so on in this program, I have looked at the AUG but I could do with something a little less designed for those with basic understanding.
                            Thanks.
                            Mark

Comment

A good place to start would be the Actinic program help in the Conrtents tab under 'Using Conditions and Block Tags'.

Comment

Working...
                              X