component/attribute display labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

component/attribute display labels

If a product with choices has nothing entered into the component or attribute name, Actinic still leaves "space" for it
    So I can put 3 component, one below the other, and it leaves a blank line between them which is "allocated" to the component name.
    Is there a way to tell it only to display the name if there is actually something entered rather than "displaying" the empty line?

Is there a blockif you could apply to the component display label to only display it when data is entered into it?

Just thinking it'd be a better way of closing gaps between components etc
    Tracey

How is Actinic creating the space? Is it some sort of table cell? (our is stripped down to css so can't check the default layout!)

You should be able to wrap a block round the offending code if component display label is empty.

Do you have an example?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Hi Dave

Yeh...example HERE

Second item down has descriptive text in the attribute name but the component label is blank and it's making a blank line between the components
      I managed to get around it in BB by displaying components side by side but I can't do that here, as you can imagine!

(making note to self...those descriptions contain WAY too much red text )
      Tracey

Comment

Looks like the space is coming from <p></p> tags. If these aren't need then you could just delete them from wherever they are in the layout.

Or, you could swap them over to a css layout like we do, have a nosey here:-

http://www.sportswarehouse.co.uk/aca...n_Bow_Kit.html

Gives you much greater control over how they look.
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

hmmm..there are some in the standard component list but when I tried deleting them, it didn't make any difference.
          Let me try again

oooh..ok.
          In my design preview pane, it shows the lines closer together anyway so when I'd changed it last time it didn't appear to make any difference..actually doing a "proper" offline preview, however, shows that it DOES work!

Cheers, Dave...you da man
          Tracey

Comment

just for the record (for anyone else wanting to do this) it was removing the <p> </p> tags from the Component Attribute list layout settings that removed this blank line.

One happy Tracey here!
            Tracey

Comment

ok..for some reason.. THIS PAGE isn't playing ball

I've removed the <p> tags but there is still a noticeable gap between the 2 components on the top product.

I think it's because these 2 are both attributes belonging to the same component...whereas the previous examples were all individual components..

so..question is..how do I remove THIS gap?
              I seem to be eternally
              Tracey

Comment

ok..ignore me.
                It's a carried over <br> at the start of the attribute name (probably used in the V7 site)

ok...I'm done
                Tracey..over and out
                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                X