Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permutations with radio buttons AND price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutations with radio buttons AND price?

Hi..... I wonder if anyone can help with this newbie problem?

I need to display a product with 3 optional components, each of which has multiple choices with different prices. So far, so good, I thought, I can display the options with "Component Layout with Selectable Permutations". But this only allows me to have a Drop Down List but I need the options shown as Radio Buttons.

When I change layout to Radio Buttons, I don't get the option to show additional pricing against each choice.

Anyone any ideas? To summarize, I need three separate components, all optional, each with various choices which display as radio buttons WITH ADDITIONAL PRICES.

Related, I would also like to offer components with check boxes and can't see how to do that either....

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give me.

Matt

Do you need to have each option adjust the stock and do the prices of the options add to the price of the product or are the options individually priced as stand alones?

ie base + option
    or base or option?

have you looked at putting choices within your attributes so the layout can be adjusted on the component and show through into the permutation?

Keith

Comment

I have the same problem with my v8.5 site

you can see an example here:

http://www.sweets2yourdoor.co.uk/aca...ER_TOFFEE.html

The only workaround that I could do is to display a price grid with all the permutations in

Can anyone help in getting the permutation price to shown next to the radio button
      David Mawson
      Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

I have found out how to do this in oage 45 of the advanced user guide

There does appear to be a bug this this fix as the colum count for radio buttons now has no effect and all radio button are just laid out one on top of the other.

Does anyone know how to correct this
        David Mawson
        Phoenix Trading

Comment

It's not a bug - it's just a different list. Your radio buttons are now permutations rather than choices - and permutations don't use 'Choice Lists' - they use 'Permutation Lists'.

You need to edit the list code of your radio button list to make it a table. You will then be able to put it in columns.

Use the standard 'Radio Button Choice List' as a guide to what to put where.

Comment

Thanks for you help Chris

bad choice of words on my part, I now relise that it's not a bug but just does not have the code in to make it a table.

I just assumed that it would behave like the standard radio list

I will have a go at changing this later

Thanks again for all your help
            David Mawson
            Phoenix Trading

Comment

I am having problems getting the new radio buttons with prices to work within a table

In the "radio button choice list" the only code is

<actinic:variable name="ChoiceLayout" value="Radio Button Choice" />

At the top it say's 'click her to edit list layout setting'

which is the table setup

The question is how do I get this option into the new radio button layout.
              David Mawson
              Phoenix Trading

Comment

I would really really appreciate any help with this as I need to get this resolved asap.

All I basically need to do is display radio buttons with an image of the choice and the price of that choice, but in a table form with 4 across.

I can do this no problem without the price but using the method shown in the advanced user guide it does not show how to put it into a table which I cannot work out how to do. So all my options display one on top of the other which is not what I need.

Any help would be appreciated
                David Mawson
                Phoenix Trading

Comment

Here are the instructions you need:
                  1. Go to the 'Permutation Row Layout' group in the library and right-click on 'Drop Down Permutation Entry'
                  2. Select 'New Entry' and call it 'Permutation Radio Button'
                  3. Double-click on it and replace the code in there with the following:
                    Code:
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationIsValid%22%20%2f%3e">
                    <input type="radio" <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201%29%20AND%20%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsUsedNoneChoiceLabel%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20false%29" >checked="checked"</actinic:block> name="<actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute IDs" />" value="<actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice ID List" />" />
                       <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20FALSE">
                    	   <actinic:variable name="PermutationChoiceList" value="Permutation Choice Name List" />
                       </actinic:block>
                       <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationAssociatedNameIsUsed%22%20%2f%3e">
                          <actinic:variable name="AssociatedProduct::ProductName" />
                       <actinic:variable name="PermutationPrice" />
                       <br />
                  4. Now go to the 'Permutation Lists' group, right-click on 'Drop Down Permutation List' and select 'New Layout'.
                  5. Call it 'Radio Button Permutation List'.
                  6. Doubble-click on it and replace the content of the layout with
                    Code:
                    <actinic:variable value="Permutation Radio Button" name="PermutationRow" />
                  7. Click on 'Click here to edit list layout settings' and use the attached images as a guide to help you set it up...
                  8. Now go to the 'Permutation Layouts' group, right-click on the 'Permutation Drop Down List', create a new layout and call it 'Permutation Radio Button List'.
                  9. Double-click on it and replace the code with the following...
                    Code:
                    <actinic:variable name="PermutationAttributeList" value="Attribute Names" />
                    <br />
                    <actinic:variable value="Radio Button Permutation List" name="PermutationList" />
                  10. Now edit 'Component Layout With Selectable Permutations' and replace the code with the following:
                    Code:
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentDisplayLabel%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                    	<br />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentCheckboxShown%22%20%2f%3e">
                       <input type="checkbox" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsSelectedByDefault%22%20%2f%3e">checked="checked"</actinic:block> />
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsComponentHiddenFieldIncluded%22%20%2f%3e">
                       <input type="hidden" name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" value="on" />
                    <Actinic:Variable Name="ComponentDisplayLabel"/>
                    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentRetailCustomerMessage%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22" >
                    <br>
                    <Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION PROD_REF="<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />" COMPONENTID=<actinic:variable name="ComponentIndex" />><actinic:variable name="ComponentRetailCustomerMessage" /></Actinic:PRICE_EXPLANATION><br>
                    <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%200%29%20OR%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3c%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%29">
                    	<actinic:variable value="Permutation Radio Button List" name="PermutationLayout" />
                    <actinic:block if="%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22NumberAttributesInPushButtonGrid%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%200%29%20AND%0d%28%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ComponentCount%22%20%2f%3e%29">
                    	<actinic:variable name="AttributeList" />
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the code chris

I just have a few quick question, actinic is warning me that this variable

<actinic:variable Name="ProductID" />

is not defined in the "compnment layout with selectable perumations" layout

Also I am using 2 custom variables to display an image against each choice + some text. These worked perfectly before but now since I have applied your fix I only get the default image and notes displayed. Instead of the ones associated with each choice

Any ideas why my custom variables no longer work

apart from that your fix works like a charm
                    David Mawson
                    Phoenix Trading

Comment

There was a variable name change from ProductReference to ProductID in v851 (IIRC). What version are you using?

Comment

Hi

we are using 8.50

we have made quite a few perl changes so I have not upgrade to the latest version yet. Did not fancy having to make all those perl changes again.

What would the variable be in 8.50 ?
                        David Mawson
                        Phoenix Trading

Comment

<actinic:variable Name="ProductReference" />

Comment

Thanks for the help

works like a charm now

http://www.sweets2yourdoor.co.uk/aca...EED_BALLS.html

I could not get my custom variables to work in the radio button box but when I put them into this layout

'permutation choice name'

then they work fine

anyway at least they are all working now

Now all I have to do is take 5 new pack size image for each of the 1300 sweets that we sell and i'll be finished.

David Mawson
                            Phoenix Trading

Comment

Afterthought

now that I have managed to get the choice options looking the way I need them I have a small issue.

By default the are displayed in the order that the appear in the componment details - permutations tab

Can the order be changed without going through each record and putting them into the correct sequence.

Basically I was do display all the various pack options in price format, from lowest to highest. As it looks a little messy at present.

Thanks
                              David Mawson
                              Phoenix Trading

Comment

Working...
                              X