Testing embedded links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing embedded links

I have just put some embedded links onto my home page inside a fragment. Should these work in offline site preview? All I get is 'cannot display the webpage' I am using IE7and trial version of catalog.

Example link
    !!<<a href="Boilers_Oil.html">oil boilers</a>>!!
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

The links will work, but its the way you have your link set up that is causing your problem,

You just have them linking to Boilers_Oil.html in the same folder, meaning your off-line preview is attempting to find a file called Boilers_Oil.html in your preview html folder, which is not there,

you have options,
    1 upload to your on-line site and check from there
    2 put absolute links in (change from just Boilers_Oil.html to http ://www. Yoursite.com/Boilers_Oil.html or whatever the address would be)

edit:
    You might also find that there are sub folders involved in your site, such as, all product pages were put in the /acatalog/ sub folder on the server.

or at least they were in V7 (just noticed this was a v8 question and i haven't upgraded yet!)
    www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

These hand coded links will nor work when Previewing. Actinic puts all the Preview files into PreviewHTML and renames them pages to start with P_ (e.g. P_Boilers_Oil.html).

You could use a condition to add the P_ if Actinic was generating Preview Pages.
      Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e">P_</actinic:block>
      but this will need to go into a Layout and not as part of a Fragment text.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Whereabouts would the condition be placed inthe layout?
        Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Immediately before the link filename.

E.g.
          Code:
          <a href="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsPreviewMode%22%20%2f%3e">P_</actinic:block>Boilers_Oil.html">Boilers</a>
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks, that works well
            Regards,

Keith

Comment

Working...
            X