New product layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New product layout

Following the Starter Guide P83 I have created a new product layout and selected it for one product only. When I switch to design view and select the product in the preview window, the layout displayed is the one the new layout is based on. How can I edit the new layout so that it only applies to selected product(s)?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

You have created a new layout and applied it to a product (under the products layout tab) When you click on this product in the design tab it will show the new layout you have created as you have assigned that layout to that product.

If you want to make further changes to the new layout so it only applies to that product you will need to either create another layout based on this... in the Library find the new layout, right click and select copy. The new layout will be appended with (copy) .. click on this and rename it to something more memorable. You can now edit this latest layout and then assign it to your products of choice.

Another option, depending on what you are trying to do, is to add any changes to the product description field as HTML, this is not as useful as any future changes need changing in each of the products and not in the layout (which will propagate throughout every instance on the site)

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks jont. After applying the layout in the 'content' view, I switched to 'design' but the new layout name was not displayed. It was still the original layout. The product had an attribute and choices attached. Since my original post it appears that the new layout name will only appear if I temporarily remove the attribute from the product. I don't know if this is normal? Anyway, doing it this way worked.
      Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Working...
      X