Variable name for a colour value in stylesheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable name for a colour value in stylesheet

Very probably early-learning stuff, but this is driving me around the bend! I'm going up and down Actinic to see where the value of the background-color is set in the css.

Let me explain that better! In the Actinic Stylesheet it shows me this:-

Code:
    .cartheading {
    	background-color: <actinic:variable name="CheckoutEM" />;
    	font-weight: bold;
    }
    All very well, but somewhere in the library I am expecting to find a variable called "CheckoutEM" and a value such as "#224466". Can I find it? No I can't!

I have searched the help, searched the forums, searched the Adv Guide... this must be a really obvious one! Please help a confused old man!

design, themes, colours

or i often create a variable and set a colour value to it and then reference it in the actinic style sheet - this is useful when you need 2 sets of colours for a design, ie dark bacground, light links/text, for nav etc, abd light bg dark text for body

Comment

Thanks VERY much for the super fast response!

But I've been into the Design -> Themes, then all I see is the Advanced Themes Config button, which indeed does take me to the colour settings.

The thing is, and this is what is confusing me, there is nothing in here that says "CheckoutEM". I see "Form Emphasis" as being the obvious choice - but this doesn't seem quite right. I'd rather see the variable names against a colour code - or is there something I am not quite grasping here?!

Comment

The colour options provided inside the Actinic colour scheme boxes have never really worked for my liking and is very limiting (as well as confusing) ... I also strip out all reference to the automated variables and assign directly. If the site is for a 3rd party you can set up user variables for the colours and set at the site level with meaning full prompts eg: "colour of the product name"

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

CheckoutEM". I see "Form Emphasis"
          yes its an art form matching advanced themes and colours to the actual places they are used

Checkout EM is indeed the emphasis on the checkout/basket pages ie table heading background colours

PalleteBG is the main BG

I use some of the themes configuaration, but additionally use my own variables as i understand my own naming convention. Unlike Jont I prefer variables as it gives you one place to change a colour when you reference it many times

Comment

Thanks folks. I just wanted to ensure I wasn't missing something!

Comment

Working...
            X