No announcement yet.

"Where did you hear about us?" List box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else any thoughts on how to solve this problem?

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Hello

I am very new to the forum and I hope somebody is able to assist me. I found the HTML coding above very useful as I am know hardly anything about HTML coding.

The problem I am having is the first <option></option> I would like it to say <option>Please Select</option> this works fine and shows first in the dropdown on the site. This is a mandatory field but it allows you to go next when it says “Please select” does anyone have any coding that will stop the user from going next on the first option???

Thank you

Charli

Comment

I'd remove the "Please Select" as an option and only have the mandatory items there to choose from

Comment

Hello

Thank you for your quick response, yes I would agree with you but we have a lot of first time internet users to our site through medical professionals and unfortunately when we had that blank we just received a number of phone calls from customers not knowing how to fill in the form so I am trying to make it user friendly???

Charli

Comment

Put "mind your own business" in as the first option, it gives people a choice on whether they want to answer the questions. It's a mistake to make these things mandatory. If someone chooses to answer, you will undoubtedly get a better idea of the real answers.

Comment

Originally posted by charli View Post
              Hello

Thank you for your quick response, yes I would agree with you but we have a lot of first time internet users to our site through medical professionals and unfortunately when we had that blank we just received a number of phone calls from customers not knowing how to fill in the form so I am trying to make it user friendly???

Charli
              the most user friendly solution is not to ask

Comment

Working...
              X