www.wiperblades-direct.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.wiperblades-direct.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

i need help with the link above. as you will notice the links on the homepage are all directing customers to the same page and i do not know how to make them link to other pages that i have created.

can anyone please help?

thanks,
    fraser

Your top level sections are all pointing to quicksearch.html, have you been messing with it to try and achieve something different? Check the box in design library and have a look at layouts that have been changed and revert them to factory settings.

It looks like some coding has gone astray, but it will probably be quicker to revert than to try and find and repair. Never seen TLS's doing that before, must be bad code of some sort i would think.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply!

if i revert to factory settings will this erase the content on any of the pages?

Comment

You need to think of your website as 2 parts - content and layout (display). They work independent, one displays the other etc. Content doesn't delete if you change it's display.

If i repainted your living room, the television wouldn't disappear right?. Therefore layout changes cannot affect content, unless the content was directly in the layout. If you snapshot b4 you do anything (tutorial on my site on them) you have no need to panic about anything anyway.

Take a look what has changed first, you can make educated guesses on what to revert and what not to. Anything top level section list orientated needs to be your first port of call IMO.

Comment

ok great!

my next problem... how do i revert to the original settings?

i have had a look through and there doesn't seem to be a simple button to click etc.?

Comment

Standard windows shortcut menu is the best way IMO, just right click on the layout in question and select 'revert' from the menu that appears.

Comment

Working...
            X